• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My New Corn

Fenbar

Just thought I would post some pics of my new corn snake. Im not really sure what kind he is color wise, maybe someone could help. He (not sure whether male or female, but im thinking its a male) was found inside a garage by someone, so I took him in. He is pretty calm, hasnt hissed, coiled, or tried to bite me so far, and has eaten. Tell me what ya think.

I think this picture shows his colors the best
snake4.jpg

snake3.jpg

snake2.jpg

snake.jpg

I have him in a 30 gallon cube tank right now, but im going to be moving him into a sterilite tub soon because im not really liking the aquarium and I like the tubs better.

Just wait, in a few days you will probably have a completely different colored snake. He is an amel in shed, and after the shed he will be much brighter colored. Its great that he's doing so well for you, especially in shed and being rescued from a garage.

Guess I spoke too soon hehe. I fed em a pinky today, and when I put my hand into the small cage to transfer him back into his main, he hissed a bit and tried to strike me :) I guess he was a bit irritated from having just ate.

He is very handsome, i would think he would be able to eat more then a pinky by the size of him....congrats :cheers:

Yeah, im going to start feeding him two pinkys next feed time. I can barely see a lump with just one.

Would this one qaulify for a VomitMel name tag? *lol*

Nice find you have there..

Regards

That and the fact that i tried taking him out about 5 seconds after eating. The first time i fed him i left him alone for a bit before transfering him.

Well as i was transfering him into his new home, about 15 minutes later he started shedding. It wasnt a complete piece, but it does look to have all come off, and now his colors really show, have a look :)

DSC00775.jpg

Back