• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My new rescue...I hope.

kenwood

Well I have been looking and looking for possibilities of my first snake. I was going to wait until the next reptile show come September. After all the pics that I have looked at, I really liked the looks of the Okeetee and reverse Okeetee. Well, I just so happened to look at the local rescue site and look what I found. I go tomorrow morning to meet Amber for the first time. I am very excited to say the least. I think she is very pretty.

NC54116742755-1-x.jpg

NC54116742755-2-x.jpg

She's awesome! I wouldn't classify her as a Reverse Okeetee, her borders aren't very large, but she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I definitely think you should get her as your first snake! Her colors are amazing and she looks pretty healthy. Also, rescuing an animal is so rewarding.

Good luck!

Well hopefully this snake and I were meant to be....There was someone else that was suppose to get this snake today but they never showed up. So I got an email that I am the one. I am hoping to hear from them tomorrow. What type of corn would you classify her as?

She's a nice bright amel! She doesn't have wide enough white borders to call her an RO but boy is she a high-contrast amel. Instead of light orange, dark orange & white, her dark orange is pretty close to RED in those pictures. She looks a good size & in good condition too. I hope you get her!

You might be able to get away with calling her a Florescent, she's definitely bright enough! A Florescent is just a line bred amel though, the same as a Reverse Okeetee.

She/he's an Amel, and a very beautiful one at that. If I could rescue that animal, I would. I'd say snatch her up! Also, if you were to buy a Reverse Okeetee, or an Abbott's Okeetee of the opposite gender, I think that that Amel would be a good match for it. You could start line breeding your own Reverse Okeetees (if you want any interest in that), and combine a thick bordered Okeetee or RO with that Florescent Amel. Those would make for some very beautiful snakes I think!

Good news; I got her from her foster parents today and she is awesome! Even my wife loved her when she saw her. I will definitely post up more pics once she settles in. I havent weighed her yet but she is suppose to be 2 years old. She does look a little small for that but I am no expert. Her length is 30 inches.

Yay! Two years, 30 inches, looks proportional to herself, sounds great! Jessica made some great suggestions -- if you like amels she could definitely be the start of a great amel project.

Well, the snake is adjusting tremendously well esp if you consider this is only her first full day here. If you tap on the screen she comes up to investigate. I found out that it had been awhile since she had eaten so we gave her a fuzzie and she immediately devoured it. I did handle her for a few minutes prior to the feeding and she seemed very relaxed and content. Oh, and I renamed her Roxanne which in French means dawn. She does kind of look like the sunrise plus I always liked that song....Here are a couple of feeding pics. Oh by the way, did I tell you that I love my snake.

100_2215.jpg

100_2211.jpg

100_2208.jpg

She looks great! I'd think she can eat a lot bigger mice than that, although it doesn't hurt to take it slow... what were the previous people feeding her?

No idea, I have had a hard time getting any info from previous owners. The fuzzies were all I had and you could not even tell she had eaten after she swallowed it. I think you may be right. What is the next size up?

Try some grown mice that fuzzie does seem a bit small but atleast she's eating right away! Lovely corn glad you got her congrats!

Back