• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my new setup. Is it too small now?

Yamadirt426

I just downsized my new corns home. He is only a baby well maybe 6 mons at most. He is a snow. Great feeder. 2 Pinks every 4/5 days. I had him in a huge rubbermaid setup but i just got this going.
Dscn0509.jpg

Dscn0508.jpg

Dscn0510.jpg

Dscn0516.jpg

I just bought some small clay pots and painted them camo for hides hum 40-70% depending on spraying it down and he found this spot at the back on his warm side
Dscn0520.jpg

. Should be good for a few months.

Just a few things....

Does that temperature say 88 degrees? I see you've got what looks like a UTH and a lamp, that's normally too much.

Also keep in mind that floor space is more important than the height of the viv.

the light is a 25 watt. And yes it says 88 so i will move things around to get it perfect. Allmost there 75 and 85 deg.

It looks to me that there isnt much floor space for him... Like JoeJr said, floor space is more important than how tall the tank is. It looks a bit small to me... He's just a baby, but he WILL grow, and he wont be able to live in that for the rest of his life...

What's the size of the tank?

I realize that he will not be in there forever. I originally had him in an 20 gal rubbermaid with a sreen top and a plexy viewing window. Approx 2.5 x 1.5 x2' high. All he ever did was hang out in the handle of it in a space the size of the palm of my hand. Now his new setup is 1'x1'x1'4" so yes it is alot smaller but this is only for 2-4 mons depending on him. I have lots of cash for my animals so this is not long term. I also have a 33gal glass tank and the original rubbermaid still around with nothing them. Its just he looked scared in the larger tank so i picked this up for now. Thanks you guys. If he out grows this tomo i will change it.

Off Topic:

But if you ever decide to sell that exo-terra I'll be glad to take it off your hands possibly I use it for simple frog set-ups. Btw, if he looks scared in a larger tank then just put more stuff in it for him to hide in/around. Just my $.02

-David

Kudos to you for noticing the signs of stress in your snake and correcting them. That tank will be fine for a while.

floor space is key, but height is not necessarily a bad thing either, snakes are great climbers, and can get pretty much anywhere they want, BUT the bigger the better, no matter which way it gets bigger. I really like the look of your cage though, those vivs are really nice.!

Back