• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My nice mild temper corn just struck at me and my wife

Lineman_dh

Had him for almost 3 years feed him once a week last feeding was fri morning. Noticed him out while ago roaming around everywhere so i went to get him out and he was very jumpy and then struck at me my wife tried and he done the same. He is in a 4ft by 2ft custom glass terrium temp stays around 78 to 82 led lights during the day off at night he has never acted like this before my kids hold him and he has always been very calm

Are his eyes clouded over or blueish? He could be getting ready to shed, and since they shed their eyecaps as well their vision is severely impaired.

Maybe make sure there isnt a malfunction with temp. I heard that alot of reptiles get pretty aggressive when they are too hot

Sometimes something simply startles them and they're cranky for a while. My nicest, calmest snake went to a party with me once. He was fine with everything... until the dog licked his face. He threw a giant tantrum and spent the next 3 hours in his bin in an S-coil and would strike at anyone who came within 3 or 4 feet of his bin. He was very unhappy. But he's been fine since, as long as he isn't close to a dog.

I'm thinking it's an odor. I own a pet shop, and have been surprised at the things that have made my snakes nervous. Once, even a certain type of frozen fish food seemed to do it. Also, a hook isn't a bad thing to own. I remove pretty much everybody with a hook. It lets them know they aren't being fed, and if startled, gives them something besides my hand to take it out on.

Mango bit me once. A fear bite: strike and release. Something just scared him; I don't know what. He had never done it before and he has never done it since.

Back