• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Pink Princess Snake...:)

KelKel1

Kelly
I have a quick question regarding Narnia my snow corn. When we got her she, was a beautiful pink color, but as she's gotten bigger I have noticed a little yellowing on the sides. My daughter Aurora calls her the pink princess snake, tee hee. I think this may be normal as I have seen comments regarding the yellowing due to tempurature differences and such. Is this something that can be reversed as she sheds, if I change things, or is this anything that I need to worry about? Currently the temp on the warm side during the day is between 85 and 90, sometimes a little higher. At night, the lamp is turned off. Should I have a source going at night as well, perhaps a red light? I figured in the wild, it's always cooler at night, so this would be ok. I've noticed that she prefers to hide near the cooler side of the tank usually, and is this normal? UGH, I know lots of questions here.... :eek1:

Thanks again!
Me...the dummy

Many snow corns will naturally develop yellow on their sides, usually from the head down. This is something in an indivudual animal's genetics and is in no way affected by temps or any outside source. It will not go away and may get stronger as she ages. Some people don't like to see the yellow developing but others really like it.

Have you not got your lamp regulated? 90 and above will fry a corn. between 80-86 is what would be acceptable for a corn. Thus why the little thing is hiding on the cool end.

I would either invest in a lamp dimmer or thermostat to properly control the temperatures. Personally I would get rid of the lamp and use a UTH controlled by a thermostat 24/7. Meaning the snakes constantly has access to warmth especially after its just been fed.

The yellowing of snows is completely natural btw. Even my coral whos as pink as can be has a yellow stripe which I think looks quite handsom.

Thank God for this forum! I live up the road from our local pet shop, and they seem to be quite knowledgable, they said that the temp should be in the 90's. Yikes. I'll check out the UTH thing. In fact, maybe I'll check out the FAQs to see if I can find out more about them. This is something new to me as I have never heard of them. I know that probably sounds bad, but this is why I joined the forum to learn about the best way to care for my little babies!

Thanks much!

KelKel1 said:
Thank God for this forum! I live up the road from our local pet shop, and they seem to be quite knowledgable, they said that the temp should be in the 90's. Yikes. I'll check out the UTH thing. In fact, maybe I'll check out the FAQs to see if I can find out more about them. This is something new to me as I have never heard of them. I know that probably sounds bad, but this is why I joined the forum to learn about the best way to care for my little babies!

Thanks much!

Catch up fast and have fun doing it! But first; lower the hot side temp!

:flames::flames: I hate some pet shop workers :flames: :flames:

Back