• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my snake can jump.

tommymamba

is it normal when i try to take my snake out of her viv she freaks so hard she jumps on my chest and try to get away?

They can panic easily when young. If you have a snake that is prone to do so, be very careful not to let her fall, which can be fatal, or whip around, because she can injure or kink her spine. The best bet is to scoop her up in a little ball so she can't even get started with that behaviour.

Ditto on what Nanci said and don't let the tail rattling scare you none they do it for defensive measures. If you get bit c'est la vie it is part of having them.

And try to relax. I think calmness when handling helps in the long run. Don't worry, virtually all of them calm down as they grow and figure out that you're not a threat.

is it normal when i try to take my snake out of her viv she freaks so hard she jumps on my chest and try to get away?

At least she's jumping to you :) Kieran would try to leap out of my hands the opposite direction. I use to be sooo paranoid about dropping him when he was younger. I swore he was half Japanese :)

He outgrew it and I'm sure your little one will too :) As the others have said, just be very careful when handling her right now.

thank you all for the help. i will be carefull but i always do cause i don't want to drop her. i take her and go sit on my bed so if she jumps out my hand she doesn't fell that high and soft,
thanks

Back