• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My snake got in trouble

dan803

Born this way
Today was nice so I wanted to have a photo shoot of Mango in a tree like a lot of you guys like to do. Basically, it went horribly wrong and he ended up at the top of the tree like a stubborn cat, just enjoying the unique view and snickering at us. I wonder how the fire department would have reacted?

It took a lot of poking him with a broom handle to get him to crawl within reach, and even then he was coiled around the branch so it was difficult to get him off. It took about half an hour. In addition the incident caught the attention of the neighbors, who gathered around watching. When I finally rescued him the kids got to meet him and ask lots of questions. It was pretty cute. What a troublemaker!

100_2522.jpg

100_2519.jpg

100_2515.jpg

100_2521.jpg

100_2511.jpg

aww cute! hah, those are always the best learning ops! I always carry hand sanitizer around with me when i take my snakes out for photos, more often then not ive got at least 2-3 kids and parents asking me about the snake and if they could pet it :)
cute mode!

I've been afraid to try it just for that reason, boy he REALLY went out on a limb...oooh, bad but I couldn't resist. He does look kinda smug in that one shot doesn't he!

He is truly stunning and so bright! You got some great photos. It does look like he had some fun with you though :rofl:

You got lucky! Rule Number One for outdoor photo shoots: Pay Attention!

nice shots! i really like the sillouete(?) shot...dont know how to spell that?? and im glad you got your buddy back!!!

Glad you finally got him down, and beautiful pictures. I had to climb 20-25ft up a tree with stitches in my ankle to get an escaped Ig once. Glad your guy wasn't as troublesome lol.

I thought the sillouette shot was cool too. It was unintentional but now it's my desktop background! I was watching the whole time, but Mango is clearly the type who decides where to go, and nothing can stop him...

Anyway. I picked him up on Craigslist last month. The owner got him at Petco and didn't know his sex and said he was a normal. Upon close inspection I say he is male (764 grams) and definitely hypo. I call him a sunkissed just because I feel his color goes above and beyond. Only breeding trials can prove that though. He is 3 years young.

Great shots!! I love the Redbud tree as well ;) I have one that I plan on using as my backdrop someday too ! :D

wow I"m to chicken to mine in a tree, mine would do the same thing little stinkers..lol But the pics are beautiful colors are super vibrant. Glad it all worked out

If you have a tree that is small enough, it's better. I have a good one in the front yard with white blossoms but I am afraid to draw attention. This was my back yard and it still caused a scene

Amazing orange in that animal!!! Don't believe it's a regular hypo, would not be surpised if he turns out to be sunkissed indeed. How can those pet shop people think he is a notmal...

WOW what beautiful shots you got!! I'm glad all turned out well, that's one good looking snake!!

You are very lucky a Red-tailed Hawk didnt come and pluck him right out of that tree, hes a giant red target! Close call!

I don't think even a hawk would be able to get him off the branch, lol! I sent one of the pictures to the NBC chicago news. They show a couple photos daily, sent in from viewers. Honestly the ones lately have been rather lackluster and boring. Hoping that Mango gets on TV!

Back