• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My snakes go to school (sort of)...

Bobo's Mama

proud corn mommy!
I know a 2nd grade teacher in San Jose, CA from my Maltese forum. We got to talking and I decided to send her 5 snake sheds to share with her kids. I created a little story and background about each snake that the shed belonged to. I sent her sheds of Bobo, Skizzard, Rosy, Bill, and Duke. Here are some pics that sent to me. The kids were very excited to receive the sheds. They are even going to send me a thank you card.

Attachments

• post-5401-1243183929.jpg
    post-5401-1243183929.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 110
  • post-5401-1243183948.jpg
    post-5401-1243183948.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 111
  • post-5401-1243183960.jpg
    post-5401-1243183960.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 112
That's really cool!

It's too bad you can't do an educational visit type thing and bring a snake in for them to handle and see in real time. I really think it's great to educate kids on animals and wildlife, especially the more exotic types.

Kudos to you!

That's really cool!

It's too bad you can't do an educational visit type thing and bring a snake in for them to handle and see in real time. I really think it's great to educate kids on animals and wildlife, especially the more exotic types.

Kudos to you!

I love it when students get a chance to learn about wildlife. Good for you for sharing! Is there any possibility of Bobo making an in-person (so to speak) visit to the classroom?

I just got an update from the teacher-friend I sent the skins to. Here's what she says:

Just have to tell you how many people have seen those skins and learned more about snakes!!! At least 100 first and second graders, 15 to 20 high school kids who help me in my room and tons of teachers and parents.
So THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
We have cards, but it is a crazy last two weeks. I promise to get them into the mail to you!
Hugs,
Joanne

Back