• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My snakes

jasons corn

i got my 2 corns last year so im assuming they are both 04 hatchlings...when i got them they were less than a foot long...now ive had one about a year and the second a little more than half a year....they are about 2 feet long each ...now how can i tell what sex they are....also how can i get them to just be cool...and able to just hang out around the tank instead of under the aspen or in a hide ???

Thanks in Advance

Jay

There are a couple ways of sexing your snake such as looking at it's tail length, popping or probing. Why don't you try searching the forum using sexing as the keyword and you'll be able to find a bunch of threads on the subject. You'll find a lot of useful information to figure out which way works best for you because probing the snake yourself could be harmful if done improperly plus you need special equipment to do it, etc. As for the snakes still hiding on you, I don't know what to tell you.

They'll come out when they're ready to come out, basically. Not much you can do about it. They're more likely to come out when it's darker and quieter, so if you leave the room for awhile with the lights off (at night, obviously), then go back in, you might catch them out exploring. Also, as they get older, they sometimes get a bit less shy. But they all have their own personalities. Some don't mind being watched, some do.

Yeah I agree with Duff about the chilling out part.
You said your's are ??? 04" ??? hatchling about two foot long.
Mine I pick up in March as a hatchling and it's over twenty two inches long now, and I not power feeding it or anything. Are you measures right. I know it hard to measure.???

Snakes all grow at different rates, some will always be smaller than others, and some will grow really big. If you want to measure your snake, try using serpwidgets cool little program. It uses a pic of you snake with something that you know the size of in the pic. You plot points along your snake with the program, and then tell it how long the object that you know the length of is. Well handy, and better than trying to measure a wiggly snake with a piece of string or a measure. Google 'snake measurer' and go to serps site (it come up a few results down for me), then d/l it. i'd also recommend reading all the great info in his site.
As for not coming out, what time of day do you look for your snake? Around 11pm my girls pretty much always out, unless she's digesting a feed.

malefemale.jpg

Back