• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My son got a Bullsnake

NinaCaliente

We were at our local reptile shop a few days ago, and my 12yo son saw some bullsnakes that he's been talking about nonstop. So yesterday, we went back and picked one up for him. It's been very interesting to learn about a species native to our area, and I think it's inspired us to try out field herping this summer! I'm excited. :)

Here is DS's little bullsnake. She doesn't have a name yet.

Bullsnake1.jpg

Bullsnake4.jpg

Bullsnake2.jpg

Bullsnake3.jpg

Bullsnakeheadshot.jpg

interesting looking bull! i have a bull and he is different colored lot lighter tans and browns with light orange/red and some black

nice little girl you have there!!

You won't be sorry, getting into Pituophis... They are real characters, with a lot of 'tude which they rarely back up....
Nice pick up.

Very kewl!!! Love bull snakes even though I don't have one myself... maybe one day I'll rectify that.

Congrats on getting the handsome fella!

interesting looking bull! i have a bull and he is different colored lot lighter tans and browns with light orange/red and some black

nice little girl you have there!!

Depending on what store she got it from and the breeder that sold the store this snake. This may have been from MN decent stock. The bulls up here tend to be a bit darker and not so redish orange or tan.

great looking snake.. I love my Pits and you will love yours.

Congrats on the new bullsnake. You'll grow to love the sound of his little hiss. I just love mine.

It's kind of funny... There were two of them at the shop. One was hissing and carrying on like nobody's business, but ours has not hissed once! She seems quite calm and unperturbed about being handled. Which, of course, was why DS chose her!

Oh she's just lovely! Your son is a very lucky little boy. He will have oodles of fun with her. Pits are just fantastic little (er big) snakes :D

Back