• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Tuesday Morning Adventure!

Cora

My morning started off innocently enough, with a decision to skip my history lecture to go to pet stores a look at snakes! lol

so first I stopped off to see some friends then I went to one store which only had rat snakes, (still nice to look at!)

then I decided to go to the pet store that is in one of the shopping malls.. not usually one of my favorite places because the staff is stupid and I usually end up leaving feeling bad about the animals there.

So in I go and they have corn snakes... a creamcicle in fact! ooo I thought I wonder if it really is. so I ask the girl and she pulls out this absolutely Amazing hatchling! so I ask to hold it.

so there I am holding the snake and I look down and OMG just onetime to see the mites crawl onto my hand!!!

*eek* I pass the snake back to the girl and I'm like... IT HAS MITES!!!!

and she looks at me and says I know, its had them since it came here. we cant seem to get ride of them."

O.O I look at her then look at the sign on the tank that says there are other snakes in there with it.

umm maybe you should be warning people about that before they go and pick up snakes!

so hoping very much that I didn't bring any home with me, I took off all my clothes as soon as I got in the door and they are all in the washing machine now... anyone have any suggestions to what else I should do???

it was very scary and I feel soooo bad for that beautiful snake, but I dint want to risk my collection!

Cora said:
it was very scary and I feel soooo bad for that beautiful snake, but I dint want to risk my collection!
Whatever you do don't buy the snake to "rescue" it. I doubt you were going to anyway. But all that would do is send the message to the store that they can sell the snakes regardless of their condition, and the store will only continue it's bad husbandry. A percentage of the money you spend on the snake would probably toward buying new snakes to sell. And they will be put in the same cage. And they will be infected with mites. And so on and so forth.

I'd take a shower and make sure to scrub my hands and arms with some kind of strong disinfectant before handling my own snake. Don't let the snake crawl on anything around the house for awhile incase any mite babies are hiding in your carpet or whatever. (can you tell I'm overly cautious?)

oh I wont buy the snake from them... I wouldnt support them anyways I usually just go in to look! lol. I did take a shower and none of the clothing I had on went into my snake room, so hopefully I didnt get any anywhere near my snakes and got them off me in time! *cross fingers*

your not over cautious.. lol I feel the same, I freaked out and called my friend at work LOL!

Eeeeek! Sorry to hear that. I would probably be itching for days thinking about it. Hard to believe places like that stay in business.

Cora said:
My morning started off innocently enough, with a decision to skip my history lecture to go to pet stores a look at snakes! lol

Then you probably missed that quiz your professor decided to give this morning to see who was and wasn't attending class. :)

zwyatt said:
Then you probably missed that quiz your professor decided to give this morning to see who was and wasn't attending class. :)
LOL !! Your probally right! I can just see it coming to bite me like that.

Back