• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My two Viv's

JeanH

Hi Everyone,

I just thought I would show you guys my two Viv's. The first one is Storm's and the second one is Ivan's.

Jean

Attachments

• stormViv.jpg
    stormViv.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 75
They are great, I bet you could make better use of the height, I have tall branches in my tanks and my guys love crawling up high, but great tanks.... congrats :)

Were'd you buy your digital thermometers? are they duel? I'm looking for one for my guy's viv. The one i priced was $32.00. I thought that was reasonable. Btw, nice viv's! One day I'll post a picture of sweetness' viv. :)

Plants are a good idea

babbaloo99 said:
Nice job. I like the big leafy thing in the first one. I think I need to add more greenery to mine. :)
Its a good idea for the collector to have greenery in a viv, The snakes can hide under every leaf if they want. My snakes each have a 50 gallon and its decked out with a lot of fake plants. I want to try the european style of viv with real plants but for now fake is best. For the breeder the bareer the better. Really in the wild snakes stay in very small areas, they only wander around to look for food. They usally stay hidden from view. I am a breeder but not a very big one yet, I only have 4 pairs mating at a time. Plus I like to make a snake feel comfortable in its viv. When ever I start breeding in large numbers then Ill use a rack system.

Thanks everyone!

I do eventually want to add more branches for them to crawl up. I also want to add some green stuff the second tank. I'm buying a little at a time, hubby hates when I go to the pets store. lol! I would like to get some of the vines that can bend and stuff. But looking at them they don't look like they come with suction cups, so I'm still trying to figure out how to hang them. I found out that there's this huge aquarium/small/exotic pet store 25 mins from my house!! I'm dying to go there. The girl at the local petstore told me not to buy a tank there to go to this place. They have great prices. I eventually when they get bigger want to get a 75 or maybe a 120 gal tank and split it in two. With a nice stand. But I won't need that for at least a year.

Snakemommy - I found those at a pet store called SuperPetz. Its kinda like a Petcco and Petsmart. I also saw it at one of those stores too. not sure the exact price but I know it was under 10 bucks. Its not dual.

Jean

Your setups look very similar to mine! Only I have aquarium backing (rocks) on mine, and a cannibis plant instead of the leafy thing.

They sure do love that cardboard tube, eh? lol

Spirit - Its funny, you spend all that money and what do they love the most... the free paper towel tube. lol

MWR - I'm use Reptibark. They seem to like it.

Jean

Back