• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My VERY aggressive rat snake.

crosbybeast12

7e50c7cf024095ce40a6f49597abc06d.jpg

Even though she has an attitude problem and always strikes at me I still love her to bits

more on twitter @skythegsd

I love rat snakes. Even though that one looks just like my Corn snake, (red rat snake).

Is she Wild Caught? Just curious because most of them calm down and make great pets.

We have a "Momma" grey Rat snake living somewhere in our shop where I work. I have never seen her, but for the past 3 or 4 years I have to round up her children every spring. The babies usually snap at me when I pick them up but after a few moments they calm down nicely. I usually take them out and turn them loose in the tall grass and rocks by a big drainage ditch.

I love rat snakes.

Is she Wild Caught? Just curious because most of them calm down and make great pets.

We have a "Momma" grey Rat snake living somewhere in our shop where I work. I have never seen her, but for the past 3 or 4 years I have to round up her children every spring. The babies usually snap at me when I pick them up but after a few moments they calm down nicely. I usually take them out and turn them loose in the tall grass and rocks by a big drainage ditch.
No she's captive bred but I got her from a breeder 3 weeks ago and she just has a bad attitude. Also she's 6 years so she's stuck in her ways. I'd love to see the babies you see. Sounds fun

Everglades rat snake I'm guessing....
Yeah north American rat snakes (and Asian for that matter) can be docile to evil:devil01:
To each their own personality. Sometimes they need NOT to be handled for a long time for them to trust you. I have a grey rat girl that was mean as can be. I never handled her unless necessary like cage cleaning time. After a couple of years she is now sweet and hand able. She will gently take a FT mouse from my hand now unlike another bubblegum rat I have that comes flying at me every time I open his tub :D
At feeding time it's always a rat snake that bites me!!

Everglades rat snake I'm guessing....
Yeah north American rat snakes (and Asian for that matter) can be docile to evil:devil01:
To each their own personality. Sometimes they need NOT to be handled for a long time for them to trust you. I have a grey rat girl that was mean as can be. I never handled her unless necessary like cage cleaning time. After a couple of years she is now sweet and hand able. She will gently take a FT mouse from my hand now unlike another bubblegum rat I have that comes flying at me every time I open his tub :D
At feeding time it's always a rat snake that bites me!!
Yeah will be a settling in thing. She's moving to a 4ft viv in a few weeks and will be left for a while to chill. She's defo a moody snake and hates any movement near the doors of her viv atm

Back