• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My waiting has finally paid off

The Newguy

Yesterday was my birthday "party" and i got my first snake!!!!:dancer: Now i just have to wait till i get back from new york to get her set up. until then she is staying at my uncles. She is a beautiful amel, she is around a year old. I know you all love pics so there will be some on here next week provided i can figure out how to put them on.:dgrin:

Wonderful!! Welcome to the wild world of snakes. Why dont you tell us a little about the enclosure your going to be keeping her in? You've done the basic check-list, hey? Thermostat, heatmat, two hides, waterdish...and clips for the top because they are avid escape artists!
The first is always so special. I'm so happy for you!

Congrats!! I can't wait to see pictures (Rosie is correct, we LOVE photos around here :D). Your first snake (as I'm sure she won't be your last...they are very much like potato chips, can't have just one) will always hold a special place in your heart. I still have my first two, Apollo and Aurora, and they always gets extra special treatment. :)

Oh, and happy birthday!

Thats awesome! I remember my first snake of course I thought I knew everyting and I didn't set him up right but I learned alot and now he is big and happy! He is a sunglow (Selective amel)

I was going to shake the present and they must have seen it in my eyes cuz they told me dont shake this. Thats when i figured that i was gettin somthin good

Thats awesome! I remember my first snake of course I thought I knew everyting and I didn't set him up right but I learned alot and now he is big and happy! He is a sunglow (Selective amel)

My first snakes were ones kept in buckets to scare my mom >.<

Congrats on your new snakie!

Her encloser is a 29 gallon tank with a folding lid its going to have aspen in it. I dont have any hides yet but i do have a water dish. I have some forest moss for a shed box I also have a spray bottle to keep things moist. Also have a themometer and one that measures humidity(not sure wat its called). I have the UTH. I think the only things i need are hides and then some things for her to climb on. Im so excited that i finally got one:dgrin:

Back