• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Zoo

Siren

Jinx
DVC00834.jpg

And Jinx on Halloween
DVC00803.jpg

Jinx cruising in the pool
IM002634.jpg

Rogue
DVC00759.jpg

Nightcrawler
DVC00764.jpg

The Triplets (hatched Aug 31st)
DVC00700.jpg

Aspen (triplet's mom) demonstrating her Cirque de Soleil act
DVC00665.jpg

Everest
DVC00676.jpg

Raph
DVC00685.jpg

Leo
DVC00679.jpg

3 more red ear sliders need pics here :)

Lace, a doll faced Persian
display_image4.jpg

Willow, German Shepherd/Sheltie
pets006.jpg

Myan, German Shepherd/Chow
pets004.jpg

Satin, a Sphynx
pets1045.jpg

Peace Out, a Netherlands Dwarf rabbit
Picture367.jpg

Coming soon! New corn snake and leopard gecko! :D

Thanks!

The pups both came from the shelter.

Myan was 4 years old when she was dumped. She was no longer a puppy and the kids were bored. :( 1 month after I adopted her, she saved my daughter from being kidnapped. Best dog I've ever known!

Willow is my special needs child. She was found by a hunter in the woods, he nearly shot her. He told the local shelter and they set a cage trap out and caught her. It was obvious she was not feral born, she was abandoned out there. It was also obvious, she was severely abused. She was in a constant state of fear, barely slept, paced constantly. The shelter adopted her out to a local elderly couple (stupid mistake on their part), she took off right away from them, leash still on. They were neighbors of mine and Willow took up residence in the wooded lot next door. She caught, killed, and ate wild rats to live. She also ate from trash cans and took the scraps people left for her around here. Nearly 4 months she lived next door. I spent every day, 1-6 hours a day, trying to coax her out. We tried the cage trap, but she now knew how it worked. Tranqs didn't work either. Finally the shelter brought over a snare trap used for coyotes. It worked, they caught her, took her back to the shelter. I called the elderly couple to find in that time span, her husband had died, and she was terribly ill. She asked me if I would try and find her a good home. So naturally after I spent so much time trying to catch her, we went down and adopted her. Its taken almost 5 years to get her to be close to normal and calm, with us anyways. We finally got her to a point that when company comes over, she feels safe enough to lay down in the other room till she hears a chair move or someone come in. But when its just us, no company, she is calm as could be. A fantastic face licker and she dive bombs me in bed when I don't pet her enough. She is my greatest success story :)

LOVE THE LITTLE WHITE KITTY!! AWW SHE IS SOOO CUTE!! and the Beardie is awesome! Love the pool shot...all the others are great to! Nice pics..

Recreational zoo keepers of the world unite! I am glad that there is at least one other "crazy person" on the board with a whole host of animal critters running around that aren't snakes. ;)

I love the pic of Jinx in the pool. And Aspen climbing! Boxies can climb like crazy!

Wonderful zoo! Kudos for the rescues, how anyonecould abandon a pet is beyond me, lucky there are people like you who do care for animals and give them a new chance in life

All the turtles are rescues too. The adult box turtles are wild. They were hit by cars and are fully healed, but with winter here now, I am keeping them till spring.

The red ear sliders are all pets that got too big for tanks and people heard I am the new "turtle lady" in town and I keep receiving anonymous turtles.

And yes, the boxies are terrific climbers. Took me weeks to get their outdoor habitat escape proof. Also hence why I game them the names of mountains :D

Thanks!

The pups both came from the shelter.

Myan was 4 years old when she was dumped. She was no longer a puppy and the kids were bored. :( 1 month after I adopted her, she saved my daughter from being kidnapped. Best dog I've ever known!

WOW! What a wonderful thing! Give Myan a pat on the head from me.

Willow is my special needs child. She was found by a hunter in the woods, he nearly shot her. He told the local shelter and they set a cage trap out and caught her. It was obvious she was not feral born, she was abandoned out there. It was also obvious, she was severely abused. She was in a constant state of fear, barely slept, paced constantly. The shelter adopted her out to a local elderly couple (stupid mistake on their part), she took off right away from them, leash still on. They were neighbors of mine and Willow took up residence in the wooded lot next door. She caught, killed, and ate wild rats to live. She also ate from trash cans and took the scraps people left for her around here. Nearly 4 months she lived next door. I spent every day, 1-6 hours a day, trying to coax her out. We tried the cage trap, but she now knew how it worked. Tranqs didn't work either. Finally the shelter brought over a snare trap used for coyotes. It worked, they caught her, took her back to the shelter. I called the elderly couple to find in that time span, her husband had died, and she was terribly ill. She asked me if I would try and find her a good home. So naturally after I spent so much time trying to catch her, we went down and adopted her. Its taken almost 5 years to get her to be close to normal and calm, with us anyways. We finally got her to a point that when company comes over, she feels safe enough to lay down in the other room till she hears a chair move or someone come in. But when its just us, no company, she is calm as could be. A fantastic face licker and she dive bombs me in bed when I don't pet her enough. She is my greatest success story :)

It is so great of you to work so hard to give Willow a good home! Give yourself a pat on the head from me! :eek: No, seriously, you are amazing for doing this.

Gorgeous Pets! I love your persian kitty! I love all kitties! lol

Red-eared sliders are red-eared terrapins yes? We have GAZILLIONS of them here in the wild! lol

Hey Siren you have a great extended family goin there, love the sphinx, I'm not much of a cat fan but yours are cool. thanks for rescuing the dogs, we have 4 here, along with one cat, four rats, ( two standard eared and two dumbo's), a hamster, a guinea pig, a Senigal parrot,a normal corn, a Royal Python, and last but not least one Emperor Scorpion.
I am looking forward to spring already, and adding a hognose and a couple Hairy desert Scorpions.

Hey Siren you have a great extended family goin there, love the sphinx, I'm not much of a cat fan but yours are cool. thanks for rescuing the dogs, we have 4 here, along with one cat, four rats, ( two standard eared and two dumbo's), a hamster, a guinea pig, a Senigal parrot,a normal corn, a Royal Python, and last but not least one Emperor Scorpion.
I am looking forward to spring already, and adding a hognose and a couple Hairy desert Scorpions.

::sings:: and a partridge in a pear tree!!! LOL..

Back