• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Nagini is shedding...almost

PssdffJay

Serpensortia
Hey everybody! Havent been here in a while, I just started a new work contract that has me working 7 days a week from 17:30 - 6:30, (great overtime pay though :) ) I have a question. Should I feed Nagini while she is blue? I dont know when it started b/c I havent handled her since she ate until 3 days ago and I noticed taht she was blue. I went to feed her then but after a few hours she didnt eat it so I figured they dont want to eat when they are shedding.

I remember seeing a post, sorry I dont remember who you were, about feeding while shedding and a pic of it breaking b/c of the stretching. I barly have enough time to sleep so I cant be watching all the time with work right now and I dont want anything bad to happen. She hasnt eaten for over a week and I searched some other post on how long the shed last and I am worried if it is 10 days cause she hasnt eaten. What shoud I do?

I did get a day of today only b/c i got food poisoning this morning :puke01: and am so sick... I hope every one and their little friends are dong well. :cheers:

You can offer food while she's in blue. Some snakes will not eat while in blue, others will.

So i got home from work 20 minutes ago and i am holding nagini right now while i type so sorry for tg=he one handed typing. Her eyes cleared up butstill looks a little faded, this happens right b4 a shed right? cause i couldnt find a shed in her viv... how long after she clears up should i expect it to happen?

It could take anywhere from 3 to 10 days now. All three of mine shed on their third day after clearing up again. So hopefully not too long now.

As a side note, one of mine (Melony) eats ravenously no matter what stage of shed she is in. She has eaten just hours before she shed on numerous occasions, and has never had any problems with the shed coming off improperly while she was "full." :)

KatieL said:
It could take anywhere from 3 to 10 days now. All three of mine shed on their third day after clearing up again. So hopefully not too long now.

As a side note, one of mine (Melony) eats ravenously no matter what stage of shed she is in. She has eaten just hours before she shed on numerous occasions, and has never had any problems with the shed coming off improperly while she was "full." :)
3- 10 days!! Im so impatient!! I wanna see her all shiney and new now!! lol, I guess Ill should try feeding again to see what happenes, when I get home form work.

Haha, I know it! Trogdor is due to shed this evening, and he is always so pretty after his shed...

Hopefully Nagini will err toward the 3-day side :) You should post pics when she's all pretty again.

Back