• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

NASA Rocket Launch!

rich333

They Are Coming!!!
America.....

Are you ready ?

NASA to launch test flight tomorrow at 7:05 am

Project Orion willl eventually take man to Mars !!!

The shear size of this thing is mind boggling!

It will rival the Saturn V in every respect!

I'm excited to try to see it from work! It's over a hundred miles away, but I bet I can see it. I've seen the space shuttle in a night launch from there, and seen a space shuttle day launch when I was in the neighborhood on a long-distance bike ride.

So much for that- scrubbed. Potential launch attempt Friday. Wind, drain valve problems, batteries in some video camera...

When I was in high school, I remember reading about how we'd put people on Mars in 20-25 years. Now, I'm just hoping it happens in my life time. It's exciting to see some progress!

My kids got to see it before school.. they really enjoyed it. I was at work but saw it on one of my patients tv's.

My friend was one of the 150 people selected by NASA to join them at NASA Social to see it happen. It was really neat, she posted a lot of videos and pictures on her Facebook!

Didn't our government cut NASA funding?

I seem to remember reading about such, and now I keep seeing things about what NASA are trying to plan.

I'm excited to try to see it from work! It's over a hundred miles away, but I bet I can see it. I've seen the space shuttle in a night launch from there, and seen a space shuttle day launch when I was in the neighborhood on a long-distance bike ride.

I don't think I can put into words how jealous I am of you. :p

The Space Shuttle captured my imagination as a kid. When they retired it, I knew it was best as it was way more expensive than other delivery methods, but it's the freakin' space shuttle.

The Orion launch must have been a sight.

I need to fly down sometime to watch a launch.

The problem with coming to see a launch is there are a lot of reasons why it gets delayed. It was lucky this one was able to go the next day. Kennedy Space Center is so cool to go visit anyway, though.

I cant wait to see Orion launch with the real rocket booster on it. Its bigger than a Saturn rocket.

Last night I went to a presentation given by Neil deGrasse Tyson and one of the things we did was watch a video of the Orion launch while Neil narrated the ins and outs of everything related to the launch. It was AH-MAZE-ING!

The Space Shuttle was a magnificent example of American ingenuity, capability and sheer will that was also about as cost effective as a Lamborghini. As much as I love it, the costs associated with the Shuttle program were never in line with the notion of reusing a launch vehicle to save money. It became a political program early in its development that went ahead despite it's ever growing budget.

A proper single stage to orbit spaceplane is the holy grail of spaceflight, but the shuttle was not it.

So the only reason NASA has been relying on the Soyuz rocket is because it's been transitioning back to strapping the awesomest people to the business end of a rocket and throwing them at the sky as hard as possible. :p

Orion might just blow a hole through the Earth. It is a monstrously impressive machine. It will make the shuttle look like a Kia Rio. lol. The problem with the space shuttle was being designed in the times of Richard Nixon. It just took awhile to get a finished product. Given today's technology, it could have been a lot more efficient. Manned space flight went too many years without much progress. We could have already been to Mars.

Orion might just blow a hole through the Earth. It is a monstrously impressive machine. It will make the shuttle look like a Kia Rio. lol. The problem with the space shuttle was being designed in the times of Richard Nixon. It just took awhile to get a finished product. Given today's technology, it could have been a lot more efficient. Manned space flight went too many years without much progress. We could have already been to Mars.

Welllllllll.....

There's more to getting to Mars than just bigger, better rockets. I think one of the main stumbling blocks is just how much radiation there is in space.

The idea of going to Mars is terribly exciting, but also terrifying. For the people who go first, it will be a one way trip.

Some time in the 2030's we will know for sure. They should be able to plate it well enough. The final booster pack for Orion will lift far more than enough weight. I bet it would carry all the Moosehead in Canada. Lol

Well, they may not do the mission until they can authentically try to bring them back, but it's not like landing on the moon. They have to carry enough rocket with them to be able to leave the surface of a near Earth sized planet that has an atmosphere.

I have a feeling that the first arrivers to Mars will be permanent residents.

If they can take all the Moosehead, though, I'd volunteer to go and stay. You have everything you need!

Back