• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Natural Beauty! (Polk County, Fl locale)

Snakehead

Bite Me! It's ok
I love all the cool morphs, but I also love the suddle Beauty of natuarlly ocurring snakes. Here is a pair I caught near my job in Mulberry Florida. The male is the larger one, and then the female. These guys were found 2 miles apart. They should make some pretty babies.

P1080534.jpg

P1080526.jpg

P1080535.jpg

P1080537.jpg

Here's a couple Polkeetee (Polk X Okeetee) holdbacks from last year.
P1080573.jpg

P1080584.jpg

There's such variation in the wild-type! They're really pretty!

Yeah the ones in this area have certain tendencies. The tend to look hypo-ish though not true hypos. Many also display some degree of diffusing sometimes with color bleeding into the bellies, and have reduced checkers. Many have a yellow amber look to them, while others have a deeper red. They are fun to work with and I have probably kept way too many of these, but they are so much fun to work with, cause each generation gets so much better.

Here are a few F-1's just one generation from WC parents.
P1040321-1.jpg

P1040322-1.jpg

P1020472-1.jpg

P1030361-1.jpg

P1030492-1.jpg

P1030570-1.jpg

This little guy didn't survive but, I wish it had. It looked like a Bloodred or a Motley.
P1040253-1.jpg

P1040257-1.jpg

That female is weeeeird! What a beautiful yellow!

Thank you! I will probably eventually breed her to a similar one I found in Lake Wales. Still in Polk County. He's the one in the lower portion of the frame. The other one is a Lake Wales female my daughter caught.

P1030121-1.jpg

I love his belly!
P1020364-1.jpg

Back