• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need a little help with our new baby corn

SEALOVER99

Hi all, boy am I glad that this site exists! I just recieved a new baby, beautiful baby crimson corn, I was reading about using paper towels for a few days and was just about to do that when I started to wonder if the heating pad would be too hot with just the paper towels? I have a 20 gal tank with a 10-20 heating pad. I also was wonder where exactly I should put the pad all the way at one end or in the middle? Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

When you say "heating pad" are you talking about a human heating pad or a Under Tank Heating (UTH) reptile pad??

The UTH will get much hotter. Either one will need some form of temperature control device.

Always put the heat source under one end, not in the middle. This creates a temperature gradient across the tank with a warm end and a cool end. When this exists, the snake is able to move around and find an area in which it is most comfortable.

I hope that helps.

thanks for all your help

Thanks everyone for your replies, Its an undertank heater but it doesnt have an option to control the temp, its 82 degrees at the warm end of the tank and about 75-76 on the cool end it a pretty hot day today. she started out on the warm end when i first put her in but now shes at the cool end I have hides on both ends so shes all curled up in a very small opening in the hide on the cool end. are these temps ok? anyway she just got here today so we are leaving her alone for a couple of days then I will try to feed her I bought a med sized critter keeper to feed her in. Thanks again for the help!

Back