• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need advice from fellow red tail owners.

sdavis2

Ok so I've had a young red tail for about a month now. I've noticed that I regularly find her poop and it looks good. But I don't find any of the white urate or anything of the sorts. Her humidity is perfect and her water/soaking dish is perfect as well. Any thoughts or tips? Thank you.

Now that I think about it, I don't remember finding urates in with my gals either. Not that I remember every poop or urate that I remove from the enclosures. So long as they eat well, shed well, and seem healthy and alert, there shouldn't be any cause for concern. Definitely an interesting observation though. I'll have to pay more attention now haha

Awesome thank you, I just find it with all five of my other snakes. Just not my red tail. Let me know what you observe for sure! I also messaged Brian Barczyk about what he thinks he usually answers pretty quick.

I hear ya, I get a ton of urates from everyone else. I can't believe I never noticed that before. Let us know what Brian says! I'm sure he'll be able to shed some light on the subject. My gal Sophia went to the bathroom today, but no urates to be found as you pointed out. Maybe younger boas utilize more water and have less to excrete than an adult?

I hear ya, I get a ton of urates from everyone else. I can't believe I never noticed that before. Let us know what Brian says! I'm sure he'll be able to shed some light on the subject. My gal Sophia went to the bathroom today, but no urates to be found as you pointed out. Maybe younger boas utilize more water and have less to excrete than an adult?

Well it's refreshing to know I'm not the only one!! Thank you. I'll let you know what Brian says for sure he pretty much always answers me when I ask for advise. And we all know Brian is the man!!! Lol

So Brian responded! He said as long as the stool looks healthy don't worry about the lack of urates, that there really isn't anything that could be wrong with the snake just as long as the stool looks good. Phew!!! I was worried but hearing it from a pro like Brian makes me feel much better.

Back