• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need advice

sinlesstwigs

So I just bought a new tank for my snake, its a little big 36x12x12, But there is no top for it, I need advice on how to make, or buy a cheap top for it. Money isn't the biggest issue, But the less the money, the better.
Thank's for the help!!!

^What pepper said^ Also you should be able to pick up some clips for the lid, that would help lock it in to place.

A wind of Duct tape around the corners doesn't hurt, maybe a piece or two on the sides as well. Keeps the lid on tight, but can be tough to open. I use Gorilla tape and just deal with it by keeping the edge folded over and enough extra to cover the job. Velcro and aquarium seal are great if you don't mind the work. You just gotta really clamp it tight it's entire length while it dries or it won't last long. I don't like the clips so much - they lose their spring after 4-5 months (of course I am constantly opening cages to play with the snakes, see) or just shoot across the room at inopportune moments......

Some people just put weight on top of the lids to keep them pinned down. I use benching weights - 2 ten pounders. I've heard of others using books, rocks, etc. But always try to get the best fitting lid first.

Some people just put weight on top of the lids to keep them pinned down. I use benching weights - 2 ten pounders. I've heard of others using books, rocks, etc. But always try to get the best fitting lid first.

Yup, those are usually the people that post threads titled "Help! My cornsnake got out!" Be way careful there, as the weights don't usually get placed along the sides and the snakes are really good at pushing through those spaces.

The problem with that, besides what Feanturi already said, is that, while 20lbs may stop your corn today, there's no saying how strong it'll be 20 grams from now. Keep in mind that's 20 more grams of almost pure muscle with a lifetime to spend trying to get out.

Back