• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need help again

jusbizness403

jusbizness
I put my snakes down for brumation and I put them in our garage. The temps got down real low. Around 30 degrees. Will this hurt my snakes. I brought them back in the house because I could not keep temp stabilized. Please help!!

I have the same problem

Wherever I can find someplace cold...it's actually too cold. My attic is currently reading 7 degrees celcius and the basement isn't much cooler than the appartment so I'm just keeping them in the appartment in tubs with a towel draped over. his is how a breeder I got my big amel from does it and he has great success with his clutches. Just find someplace that'll stay coolish and quiet and make it a little darker with a towel or blanket and let them have a 'room temp' brumation rather than a cool brumation. As their metabolism will still be going a little they might loose a little weight but it shouldn't be much at all. I'm going away tomorrow and my boyfriend won't be here for the next 10 days, so it'll be extra nice and quiet for them. Good luck,

Adèle

30 F is below freezing and so that is too cold. The lowest I have ever taken mine is 42 F. I aim for around 50 F generally.

I think you did the right thing to bring them back in the house. Do you have a basement where it won't freeze, but you could put them up against an outside wall for example?

Try placing the thermometer in different places in your house to look for a new place.

Back