• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

need help and advice

courtney1121

courtney
so we fed my snake a rat pup and he took it no problem. but now he won't touch mice! he seems interested in them but after a while just leaves them alone. he's not getting ready to shed or anything and we've been trying for a couple weeks now. how can I get him to start eating mice again. please help.

so we fed my snake a rat pup and he took it no problem. but now he won't touch mice! he seems interested in them but after a while just leaves them alone. he's not getting ready to shed or anything and we've been trying for a couple weeks now. how can I get him to start eating mice again. please help.

Try rubbing a rat pup on the mice your feeding. Try skipping a feeding too.

Yup, just keep trying, once a week, and eventually he should go back to mice. Leave him alone with the mouse (no bugging him) for at least an hour. If he still hasn't eaten it, leave him overnight with it.

so its feeding day here at out house and we decided to put a mouse in koas cage to see if today he would eat. left him alone for about 20 minutes. did our own thing and came back and the mouse was gone. so thank you and i will keep rubbing the rat on the mouse if he doesnt eat next time. thanks .

That's great news :) as Sweetseraph mentioned, always try to leave a week between feeding attempts after he's refused, even if that means missing 'feeding day'. Just to avoid the risk of conditioning him to refuse the tasty mices.

Back