• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need help setting up a natural Viv!

vertigofm

Hey, I've seen many people use real dirt, real plants (that they water), and natural stones and sticks and stuff to have a really cool looking tank. I have a 20G right now, biggest problem is it doesn't hold enough moisture with my room being so dry. I also thought these natural setups looked awesome so I wanted to try them, but I don't know where to start- this natural viv would also be great in providing the moisture my snake needs to shed. Any help would be great, thanks!

Sorry if I hijacked your thread but I just posted a new thread which will contain a lot of what you need to know. I will add to it over the next week and you should be on your way soon.

See the thread in this forum/section called

Bioactive substrate (BAS) natural viv - a why and “how-to” guide.

hmmm

Well I don't know how to set up a natural viv, but to keep your snakes habitat moist (With or without natural plants and stuff) All you need is a spray bottle. Just spray in about 2 times a day. When there in shed, I spray in at least 3 time a day.

There are some very beautiful setups that can be made.
One thing to consider though, is the possibility of creating something that you can't get the snake out of. Live plants that can't be moved easily without disrupting your viv (causing you to rebuild it) can give your corn places to go that you can't easily get him/her out of. I have no doubt he'd like that better, you have to decide whether or not that takes away from your experience of keeping a snake.
There are lots of ways to raise the humidity in the cage. Misting- larger water bowl- moist hides- water bowl over heat source etc.

We us this expandable stuff in our vivs(I'll find out what it's called later. Probably called someting else over there anyway LOL). We soak a block in a gallon of water and it expands. Great for humidity, cheap, and biodegradable in the compost.

Back