• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need ID on snake -- funny photo!

SnakeNutt

A friend sent this photo to me this morning -- spotted this "little piggy" in a bush near this house. Location -- Franklin, Tennessee. I'm guessing the snake had just found a new food source and had stuffed itself (that, or it's very gravid!). Does anyone know what kind of snake this is?

Attachments

• imagex.jpg
    imagex.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 287
CrazyCorn said:
Actually it is a Greenish Ratsnake, an intergrade between yellow rats and black rats.
I agree looks like a greenish. Squirrel is the first thing that came to mind for me also. Awesome picture.

I also vote "greenish" intergrade. But it's still considered "quadrivitta" or whatever the subspecies name for yellow is, so everyone is right. Unless that has changed since I picked up a field guide!
What a stuffed snake! And I ever worry about stepping hatchlings up to fuzzies!?!

Ignore me. I still say elaphae and read textbooks from the 60's.

Reactions: CAV
Confused

I thought Pantherophis was guttata and emoryi, have they changed obsoleta to Pantherophis as well? :shrugs:

Back