• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need some noob help

Phantom Pain

So I am considering getting a corn snake but I know know very little about keep them let alone any kind of snake. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about keeping them and I have a question about how to set up their encloseur and what their other needs are. I think I'm going to try to get a Blizzard corn so if anyone has had experience with them I would like to hear it. :)

Welcome to the site!, regardless of the morph of the corn you want the care will be the same, ie. same for normals and blizzards etc.

You should check out the FAQ on the grey bar towards the top of the page, thats a good place to start ;)

Welcome to the site!, regardless of the morph of the corn you want the care will be the same, ie. same for normals and blizzards etc.

You should check out the FAQ on the grey bar towards the top of the page, thats a good place to start ;)
I'd second that:) I'd also recommend getting Kathy Love's book, Cornsnakes, the comprehensive owner's guide before you get your snake, it's a great help

Phathom...trust me THIS IS the site for all your questions...I just joined yesturday and these ppl on here are AWESOME...very helpful in answering all your questions. Hope you enjoy the site as much as I am.

good luck with your future purchase

Phathom...trust me THIS IS the site for all your questions...I just joined yesturday and these ppl on here are AWESOME...very helpful in answering all your questions. Hope you enjoy the site as much as I am.

good luck with your future purchase

Yea I really like this site everyone I have talked to has been really friendly. I'm glad that I found a site like this that can help with all my corn snake questions cause I'm just starting out and I'm sure I'll have many more. :)

As they say, no question is a stupid question.

Lol you will be an expert in no time at all. :)

Just don't ask if you can keep two in the same viv.....Please...LOL
MIKE

Lol, it wouldn't be THAT catastrophic. :grin01:

Welcome to the forum mate. Yes, I'd also recommend get Kathy Love's book, it's a great read and can answer pretty much all of your questions. But if there's still something you're not sure about, then ask. :)

Welcome to the site, you should be able to find all the info you need here. Its good you decided to research before you got your snake, I respect that :) Blizzards are very nice looking corns. I have two but I am not real sure about the differences between them and others.

I think Don Soderberg's book is good also, "Corn Snakes In Captivity". I just finished reading it and I think it tells you everything you need to know to get started. Only took me 2 days to read it, it's a small book, only 105 pages and that includes a chapter on breeding which I didn't read since I'm not breeding my snake. I may get Kathy Love's book yet too. Once I get into something, I'm constantly digging for more information, hehe. And I can't stop looking at photos of corn snakes! AAAAHHHHH!!!! LOL.

Back