• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need to rant

MissC89

So I went to a petstore the other day and I was looking at a BTS that I had the honour of previously having it crawl all over me (will load pics when I get home) and the girl who was working there came over and started talking about how their faces freak her out. I thought "Ok... thats fine" and I suggested "well maybe its because they kind of look like a snake? A lot of people don't like snakes" and she went off on this little tangent about how she loves snakes and what not. Ok fine. Then I went up to the corn snakes they had on display (trying to find them but I'm pretty sure they were hiding underneath the paper towel they had in there) and THEN she went off about how ball pythons are so much better than corn snakes because when you buy them they're already big and corn snakes are so flimsy and the babies are really easily scared.

I've worked in retail for a really long time and no matter WHAT your opinion is, you NEVER tell the customer that what they want is "flimsy and not as good as something else because it isn't as big". That is terrible customer service and I was really disappointed because there's another employee who works there that I absolutely LOVE because of how amazing she is and she was really open to suggestions about the blue tongue skink and how to care for it.

Also, I don't CARE how flimsy the corn snakes are, I want one, I'm going to get it. Like our mothers always say, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

Phew, glad I got that off my chest. Thanks people!

Honestly, there are MANY reasons to avoid a place like that.
I know shipping is not cheap, but ordering a baby from a good breeder, even sight unseen, is FAR better than going to a place like that.

Oh I will never buy a pet from a pet store. I may have only been on (five) forums for the past two weeks but between all the help I'm getting and the research I'm doing myself, pet stores are the worst because you basically have teenagers who won't take the time to educate themselves about the pet that they are (supposed to be) looking after and will give out the wrong information and a lot of the time they won't accept help from people who know what they are talking about (like almost everyone on this forum)

Corn snakes are *not* flimsy - as snakes go, they are some of the hardiest little buggers around, notably less temp/humidity sensitive (at any age) than a ball python!

The guy at Petsmart kept telling me not to 'squeeze' the corn snake. I was really trying to be careful but apparently he had a bad experience with an over zealous customer. Now that I am thinking about it, he reminded me of my mother.

I can see the commercial now..."Please don't squeeze the corn snake"!

Okay, guess you have to be of a certain age to get that one...

Back