• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need your opinions

pdr_21

-Paolo
Ok so I've had my baby corn for about a week already. He's 1 1/2 months old. The problem is that i haven't fed him yet because the breeder that i got him from doesn't have any pinkies at the moment. So what i thought was to feed him house geckos. But i really am not sure at the momet. So what should i do? Feed him the gecko this week or wait for the pinkies???

geckos are not a good food source...and it would be really hard to switch him back to pinks if you fed him the gecko. go and try to find a place the sells pinks and unless the breeder breeds his own mice he/she should of someone who has pinks.

do not feed your snake the gecko.

Thanks for the suggestions SB and Beothon. Unfortunately there are VERY few people here who sell pinkies. Most of them just breed for their own snakes. I guess I have to keep searching... :(

Can you not find anyone on the internet at all, once he gets a taste of gecko he may not want pinkies. Or if it is just a matter of days wait till he has pinkies, when was he fed last.

i agree, a lot of people on here say that switched diets is really hard to do. Once a snake finds something as food he doesn't see the other sent as food. Another additional note is if the gecko your pet, why would you sacrifice him for a snake meal. The snake is fine and can go another week and be just fine. But you need to go to http://rodentpro.com/ and buy a 100 pack for cheap or go to a petco/petsmart.

But you need to go to http://rodentpro.com/ and buy a 100 pack for cheap or go to a petco/petsmart.

I don't think RodentPro ships to the Philippines...and I don't think PetCo/PETsMART have stores there either. ;)

Paolo, it won't hurt the snake to go 2-3 weeks without food. Speak to the breeder again to see if he has any pinks available yet, if if he doesn't, ask him for suggestions on where to go to get feeders. I think it's kind of odd he never offered that advice up in the first place, but not everyone thinks like I do! :)

Thanks for the replies claire, jimmy and TME. I have finally found someone selling pinkies!!! He only has 15pcs though...:awcrap: At least its better than nothing...Will probably last about two months...I guess I have to start breeding...

well 15 will last you a while, I have 11 hatchlings and 3 adult corns at the moment and also breed my own mice which give me a nice supply, if you do only have the one snake be warned mice will reproduce every 3-4 weeks once they are established.

He only has 15pcs though...Will probably last about two months

A usual feeding rate for a hatchling is one pinky every five days. At that rate, 15 pinkies will last you 75 days - more than ten weeks.

Has your breeder worked out how he's going to sell his snakes in future, if there's no reliable way for his customers to feed them? He may not be in the snake business very long if he doesn't sort that problem out!

Back