• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

neurologically impaired...

norbert03

norbert and aelfric
my hatchling, aelfric has a tendency to hang out up against the glass in the center of his enclosure. he stays put in this area for hours at a time, occasionally pacing back and forth, but staying very close to the glass. he digs into the substrate, but doesn't get very deep. he doesn't respond to my movements like my other corn does. if i tap on the glass he doesn't slither quickly toward his hide. he's overly docile. this is the snake that went mia for two months. i have heard of snakes getting neurologic issues from various chemicals on pest strips and from the strong scents of certain substrates. i don't know where he was for the two months he was gone so i'm not sure what may have impacted him. what symptoms can i expect if neurological damage was done and is there anything i can do to help him? these behaviors may be perfectly common, but i have never witnessed them until now so i am a bit concerned. any advice/help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Yeah, now that I've had Monty for a couple months he's pretty chilled too. I can pick him right up out of his viv and he doesn't even try to get away from me at all. You can just hold him while he slithers around, he was even playing in my hair the other day! Too cute. He'll lay around out in his viv sometimes and doesn't freak out when people come up to it, he'll just look at you. Now, contrast that with my newbies that I've only had a few weeks - DIFFERENT STORY. I gotta be quick and certain to pick those babies up, and I have to be very careful, because if they are startled they'll try to launch themselves out of my hands. It's hard to believe Monty was like that, but of course he was. They just chill as they mature.

My amel is always crawling around the glass, and as soon as you take the lid off the viv, he's out of the top looking to climb around. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Back