• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Never Give Up...snakes end up in the weirdest places

whippet

Tara
So our Cape Gopher yearling has been missing for close to two months. We tried it all...the tape only caught spiders. The rest only caught dust.
I actually gave up and marked him as dead on iherp.
Today Lauren does a load of white towels with bleach. She asked me to move them to the dryer. I move all the towels over and reach in to grab errent socks when I touched a rubber hose. Shocked I rush over and turn on the basement light. Seeing the snake shape, I just know he is dead and gone. I grabbed the hook so I would not have to touch a dead snake...only to discover...
He was NOT dead!
In fact he looked great. No signs of stress or hurt...or bleach!
Our guess is he crawled up into the washer after the load spun to try and get a drink. He was definatly dehydrated.
Tucked him with some fresh water back into his rack....safe and sound again!
Wacky!

Back