• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New additions to the family...

danigurrl

Kahn's Mommy
My boyfriend and I have quite the large family now. The newest editions are 4 leopard geckos and their new 40g breeder condo.

The set-up:

cage1qh4.jpg

The kids:

My boyfriend's midnight morph:
coll1gr1.jpg

My normal:
coll2zo3.jpg

My albino:
coll3mi2.jpg

And my boyfriend's albino carrot tail:
coll4nk6.jpg

That is so cool. I desperately want a leo, but I refuse to buy one from the local stores. I have to wait until MARS rolls around again. So cool, though. I love them. I am pet-sitting one right now, and he is wicked cool.

Do you know the genders of yours?

Hypancistrus said:
That is so cool. I desperately want a leo, but I refuse to buy one from the local stores. I have to wait until MARS rolls around again. So cool, though. I love them. I am pet-sitting one right now, and he is wicked cool.

Do you know the genders of yours?

Visually, they all appear to be female. 2 are siblings (the midnight and the normal.) We got them from a LPS. We got extremely lucky finding the midnight there. The girl didn't know her @$$ from her elbow when it came to reptiles, so we convinced her the midnight was just a regular albino (not that it took much....,) and we got her for only $20! We've been pricing midnights for a while and we've found them priced around $100-$400 through breeders. What a lucky find!!

Very nice set up and very cool geckos. I think my favorite is the normal. She/He has some awsome colors.

danigurrl said:
The girl didn't know her @$$ from her elbow when it came to reptiles, so we convinced her the midnight was just a regular albino (not that it took much....,) and we got her for only $20! We've been pricing midnights for a while and we've found them priced around $100-$400 through breeders. What a lucky find!!

It is just my opinion, but I feel you took full advantage of someone who didn't know what was going on, due to her ignorance in reptiles. You then obtained a high end Leo morph through dishonesty and deception. How would you feel if someone did this to you? You basically lied for your advantage and it should be considered the same as shoplifting in my book. :shrugs: There is a law in the Maine satutes - "Theft By Deception" a class "C" felony.
Jay :cool:

PJCReptiles said:
It is just my opinion, but I feel you took full advantage of someone who didn't know what was going on, due to her ignorance in reptiles. You then obtained a high end Leo morph through dishonesty and deception. How would you feel if someone did this to you? You basically lied for your advantage and it should be considered the same as shoplifting in my book. :shrugs: There is a law in the Maine satutes - "Theft By Deception" a class "C" felony.

Agreed. It's one thing to take advantage of someone's ignorance when they have something labeled as "X" when you know it's "Z". But when you sit there and argue or try to convince someone that "X" is "Z", that's pretty crappy.

PJCReptiles said:

There was absolutely no other price on the tank for leopard geckos. It said "Geckos, $19.99." It did NOT say, "Midnight $100, other leos $19.99." There was one single price. Please don't judge since you weren't there. If that was a mismark by the store, that is not my fault and there was no dishonesty present.

Its not my job to educate their staff. :rolleyes: They had a midnight in a tank with the price $19.99. I'm not going to step up and say, "I think you have that little guy mismarked, he should be at least 5x that price!" I didn't talk to a manager, maybe the store just doesn't know morphs, or an employee misread directions. I don't know the circumstances of the store. Its a good find, I was lucky. A girl didn't know anything about reptiles, that isn't my problem unless there is an animal being mistreated under her care.

danigurrl said:
The girl didn't know her @$$ from her elbow when it came to reptiles, so we convinced her the midnight was just a regular albino (not that it took much....,) and we got her for only $20

Your own words suggest deception. You never said the tank said $20.00 geckos in your original post. You said you had to convince her that it was just an Albino so you could get it for $20.00. You have your opinion and I have mine and my opinion makes me feel you were dishonest, based on what YOU posted. Otherwise, why would you have to convince her of anything if you weren't trying to take advantage. You should have just been able to go there and say "I want those four Geckos" without getting into a debate over what was what. Obviously the girl had some doubt in her mind if you had to "Convince" her it was "Just A Regular Albino" . Like I said, this is just my opinion. I have said what I feel and I will post no longer on this topic on this thread.

I have to agree with Jay there. Just hope the assisstant dosn't have to make up the difference out of her paypacket.

I don't like being treated as if I'm a criminal when I'm an extremely honest person. You could have asked me the circumstances instead of jumping to conclusions. I apologize for misleading. But I think I deserve an apology as well.

If you go to the store and a bottle of Windex rings up $1.99 when its marked $2.99, would you correct the cashier or assume the item was on sale? If you went into a LSP and saw "Corn snakes, $50" and there was a striped butter corn in the tank with no special labeling and you were very interested in it, would you ask for them to double check the price to make sure it wasn't more? Or would you take what was marked?

The girl knew nothing about reptiles and assumed it was an albino because the only other girl in the tank was a normal (which I also purchased.) We just said we believed it was an albino too, which isn't lying. A midnight is a morph of albino blizzard. I'm very well known in that pet store and they have all my information written down, so if there was ever a huge issue, they can easily contact me.

I also know for a fact it will not come out of her paycheck. No price mistake was made according to the label on the tank. And they were the only 2 leos in the store, so there no way tanks got swapped or anything odd like that. If anything, its managements error, not hers.

I'm sorry to bring up a novel, but I believe my dignity was hurt. I gave my apology with a full description of what exactly took place. I believe I deserve one too. I'm not trying to argue, just understood.

Back