• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New and Improved Vivarium!

dr82692

Ok, my 3 month old corn comes tomorrow. Did some last minute adjustments to the viv, and I think its a ton better and much more baby snake friendly than before. Tell me what you guys think! Here's a before and after

Attachments

• 232323232%7Ffp6326;)nu=6475) ;;)257)WSNRCG=32(3; 9392348nu0mrj.jpg
    232323232%7Ffp6326;)nu=6475) ;;)257)WSNRCG=32(3; 9392348nu0mrj.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 232323232%7Ffp633;4)nu=6475) ;;)257)WSNRCG=32(49786;6348nu0mrj.jpg
    232323232%7Ffp633;4)nu=6475) ;;)257)WSNRCG=32(49786;6348nu0mrj.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 92
The skull still scares me and the water bowl is empty because you do not have the snake in there yet. Are those lego approved for a young snake? I think the box says 3 and up and you are getting a hatchling if I remember right.

Seriously, looks good to me. I can not tell if the water bowl is on the cool side or not. If the water bowl is on the warm side you might want to move it to the cool side.

Love the Fatman

Hahaha the I dont think the lego guidelines apply for non humans! Yea the warm side will be the skull side. So I have the coconut for the cool side, and the lego hut for the middle, plus i tried to get the branches to cover the whole thing.

It looks great, and for gutattus I'd be more worried about Legos with the big ones, they might be dumb enough to eat them and able to swallow them, whereas a hatchling simply can't swallow a Lego piece, so it should read under 1 year for snakes! j/k Seriously that's a good set up for a baby, plenty of hides & foliage.

Thank you. And btw guys, I'm sure most have figured this out, but if you get the Alfapet aspen from walmart, its about $4 compared to $8 at a big pet store. plus it seems like there is more in the bag. The bag is about the same size, but the Alfapet seems packed tighter in there.

It is cheaper and you get more at Walmart. I generally do buy mine there. The only I have noticed is that the Aspen from a pet shop is more finely shredded. Doesn't make a difference either way really...I just happened to be up there for new hides and got my aspen from Pet smart this time....but ya $3.90 something for the bag at Walmart is a deal.

Its normally by the hamster/small mammal bedding...next to bags of shredded pine and stuff...that's why I always tell people to make sure it says ASPEN lol...cause I accidently picked up the wrong one and had to drive all the way back :(

Back