• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Arrivals

Reptiles=3

Addicted Member
Hi, this weekend ill be getting my first corns at a reptile show i had only planned to get one but as everyone says they are addictave ,i don't evn have one but im getting two lol. Anyway i was wondring if there were any important questions to ask the breeder besides like if they have shed , been fed and there sex.

Thanks!!

Choose a breeder who will take them out and visually let you see them...
Look for clear, alert eyes and good muscle tone on the corns...
Get the breeders name and phone number or business card and see if he will guarantee them for a short period of time at least. Good luck!

Hey R.=3,
I know how exciting it can be to get a new/first snake. I have 25 and still get giddy at the thought of getting another. But there are some steps to take before buying.
First of all, take the snake out and look it over. Make sure it is alert and curious. Always flicking the tounge around.
Check the eyes and mouth area. Make sure that the eyes are clear ( no stuff around them ) and the same with the mouth.
Then check the cloaca ( I think that how you spell that ) the bum. Make sure it's clean.
Check the overall body make sure it's smooth no bumps or bruises.
Ask alot of questions, Date of birth, Phase of parents, has it fed, when and how often since it's birth?
After all that!!!!! If all is well!!!! You buy your baby. :D
I hope that this helps,
Jimmy C.

Warning, warning!!

Two won't be enough. Trust me! If you are already addicted to them enough to get two instead of one, you're in trouble! ;) My advice would be to get two different morphs. That will be one fewer morph to acquire in the future!

One more thing--- also, make sure that they are captive bred and born...and ask if he is the one who bred them and they aren't "second-hand."

Don't be surprised if the dealer wont let you handle the snake before you buy it. Most breeders are not letting people handle their animals at shows until they purchase them (Rich Z. included I believe). We've had to do this to protect our colonies from cross contamination. there are things out there today that can kill all your snakes and there's nothing you can do, once they have it. You should be able to tell if the animal is healthy and active while it's still in the delicup. IMHO

opposite sex

try to get them opposite of sex for future breeding ....... good luck:) i think im late with this reply ??? u probally got the snakes already ...... whoops my bad ..............

Back