• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Babies....

MastersHaven

*Hopelessly Addicted*
well.... this clutch was produced by what was purchased as 1.1 Charcoals
but now Im not too sure about that... :shrugs:

:eek1: Snows from Charcoals?

please feel free to give me your input !?!

Attachments

• aneryeggs1.jpg
    aneryeggs1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 144
  • aneryeggs2.jpg
    aneryeggs2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 144
  • anerybaby1.jpg
    anerybaby1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 145
  • snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 146
Well it would be fairly 'simple' if they were het for amel and anery which is entirely possible. The single hatchling looks like a charcoal. Got pics of the parents? Any hatch out that look blizzard?

D80

Drizzt80 said:
Well it would be fairly 'simple' if they were het for amel and anery which is entirely possible. The single hatchling looks like a charcoal. Got pics of the parents? Any hatch out that look blizzard?

D80

Hey There D80 ....

nope no blizzards... just the three snows and the rest are like the little one in the photo...

I have done search after search on my progeny predictor to try to figure out
what may have happened with these guys and the only thing that comes
even close to the results that I have is:

Male is, Anerythristic, het charcoal & amel
Female is, Anerythristic het charcoal & amel

which would have given me these results:

4/16 -- Anerythristic, het blizzard
2/16 -- Anerthristic, Charcoal, het Amel
2/16 -- Snow, het charcoal
2/16 -- Anerythristic, het for Carcoal
2/16 -- Anerythristic, het amel
1/16 -- Blizzard, Anerythristic
1/16 -- Anerythristic, Charcoal
1/16 -- Snow
1/16 -- Anerythristic

beings there were only 13 eggs and all but 3 were anery looking and the
three being what look to be snow.... this is the closest I can get to an
explainable result...

photo's of the parents:

first the mother (Amari) , then the father (Dakx)...

Attachments

• ACR #1878.jpg
    ACR #1878.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 130
  • ACR #1879.jpg
    ACR #1879.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 131
oh yeah....

The guy I got them from said that he purchased them as charcoals but couldn't tell me from whom he got them... so the predictions above were based on the idea that they are indeed of charcoal lines...

If not and they are JUST Anery....
the results would be something like:

2/4 -- Anerythristic, het Amel
1/4 -- Snow
1/4 -- Anerythristic

soooooo I am assuming the only way for me to know for sure is to do trial breedings with them... I am going to keep the snows and breed them...

If they produce nothing but snows then I know *no Charcoal* and if they produce Anery types, I will know that they are indeed het for charcoal ???

does that sound right?

I would say the appearance of snows indicates at minimum that the parents are both het amel, and are carrying one or two anery genes.

If you use the snow offspring, you will not have proven much. The snows could be snows het charcoal for more than one reason... this doesn't prove out the parents' genotypes, because they could be:
-charcoal het anery and anery het charcoal
-anery and anery
-anery and anery het charcoal
-anery het charcoal and anery het charcoal
-charcoal het anery and anery charcoal

The most you would prove by crossing the snows and not getting blizzards is that one snow or the other is *probably* not het charcoal, which then only proves that one or the other of the parents is *probably* not homozygous charcoal. (You'd need to produce about 35 hatchlings from the same pairing, no blizzards, to be 99% certain they are not het and "prove" the above. This would mean several clutches, obviously.)

The best bet is to cross each of the parents to known homozygous charcoals with NO anery in them. If the parent is charcoal, you will get all charcoals. If the parent is an anery, you will get all normals. If the parent is anery het charcoal you will get normals and charcoals. The key here is making sure the anery gene is known not homozygous in any of the resulting hatchlings, so that you know whether you are getting charcoals or not. This will help you narrow down the possibilities more "quickly." :)

I love that baby snow! I've been looking for banded snows and you did it! Gives me hope to make my own in a few years.

LOL.... I know -- sweet isn't it?

Pretty much the whole clutch is that way, they get it from the parents so I can't take the credit for it. Where ever this pair origionated are the ones who done all the work, Im just the one who lucked out...

I would think that with select pairing of these hatchlings bred back to each other it would produce an even cleaner looking specimen... I plan on keeping the 3 snows so hopefully something nice will come of them in the future!

dionythicus said:
I love that baby snow! I've been looking for banded snows and you did it! Gives me hope to make my own in a few years.

Back