• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New baby corn snake and first time owner

texsnake

Wandering aimlessly
So, I finally went and purchased my first ever corn snake this weekend! :dancer: There were quite a few morph choices at the expo I was at, but I decided on purchasing a Miami phase female. She's also het albino according to the breeder I bought her from. I'm very excited but also nervous about doing a good job keeping her happy and healthy. Any and all advice is appreciated!

I'm also open to name suggestions! I'm really leaning towards Jupiter, but would love to hear other ideas!

Welcome! :wavey: Glad you are here. Congrats on your new corn snake. Jupiter sounds like a great name to me.

As far as advice goes, just love her. Learn what are the generally accepted best practices, pick what works for you when there are opposing viewpoints, and consistently give her the best care you are capable of. Never let it get old and hold on to a sense of wonder. That's pretty much it. Best wishes.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely be all over the forum reading up on the best way to care for her. Now to just stifle the urge to go pick up another one! They're just so darn cute!

Back