• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New baby Miami!

Rake

I'm not supposed to be handling this guy for a couple more days, but I spotted stuck shed pieces on him and had to deal with that. I ended up discovering that he's totally cool with handling at the 3 day mark. :crazy02:

So anyway, I took some pics of him and his tank:

Attachments

• 1 - jpg.jpg
    1 - jpg.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 2 - jpg.jpg
    2 - jpg.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 95
  • 3 - jpg.jpg
    3 - jpg.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 4 - jpg.jpg
    4 - jpg.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 93
Tank shots. Three branches, two hides, two waters, and light from the window with closed blinds that prevent hot spots from building up.

That last pic may be cause for concern when this guy gets strong enough to start pushing on the lid, though... :uhoh:

Attachments

• IMG_5895.jpg
    IMG_5895.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5907.jpg
    IMG_5907.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5911.jpg
    IMG_5911.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5920.jpg
    IMG_5920.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 91
Adorable! My corns do that all the time!! My adult even manages to do that...but he falls a LOT cause he doesn't fit! :)

Stuck shed????? Glad you could fix it! I can't believe I didn't see that!!

He must be having so much fun with all that climbing space!!

Pretty miami! Recently got my first 3 miamis from walter smith. 2 normals and a pin stripe mot. Excited to watch the changes as they mature. I think they are very under rated in this hobby

Stuck shed????? Glad you could fix it! I can't believe I didn't see that!!

He must be having so much fun with all that climbing space!!

His shed was within the last couple days, well after shipping.

Okay- because I remember taking a ventral photo of him and he was really blue. Whew!!

So next time, I'd cover his lid with plastic wrap, loosely, and mist him, or make him a humid hide.

Isn't he the sweetest thing???

How did you feed? He is used to a pink the same diameter as he is, heated to as hot as tap water will go, with 4-5 shallow slits snipped in the back, in his deli cup.

How did you feed? He is used to a pink the same diameter as he is, heated to as hot as tap water will go, with 4-5 shallow slits snipped in the back, in his deli cup.

I have some one day old pinkies for exactly this purpose. I am going to try slits next time.

Nanci wanted me to tell you to wait 3-4 days before trying to feed again.

That is also the plan.

Cool! I remembered right as I was falling asleep, to remind you not to try again immediately. Which you probably knew, but just in case!

I had one that wouldn't eat, slit, brained or otherwise. I finally put him in a deli cup and covered him up, the pinkie was gone in about 30min. I'm still having to do this with this, hopefully he'll get better. Just a thought if yours keeps up trouble eating ^^

Also amazing looking Miami, it makes me want my Miami's even more.

I feed all the babies in deli cups. I've had good luck weaning them off being covered (the few that seem to care) by uncovering less and less of their deli cup each feeding, and especially setting the cup somewhere where they can't see me walking around. Any movement seems to scare that type. Right now out of about 50 adults, there are three that get covered up to feed, and two of those are just kind of picky snakes who would rather be eating rats instead of mice. If I was feeding them what they wanted, I'm sure they wouldn't need to be covered. The third is a female on breeding loan who is just a little sensitive!

Back