• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new cage idea, need some direction

darin506

i have been thinking of a new idea for setting up my new tank for my corn, hes still a hatchling/juvi maybe 12-14 long, i have a new tank thats jus under 3 feet long and i wanna set something up that feels a little more "natural". i want to take a little section of the tank and make a little "pond", not something crazy just like 3-5 inches deep and 10-12 inches long and i was think of making a piece thats removable that would be the "bank/dry land", i want it to be removable so i could easily drain the water and clean the hole tank the put the piece back in and fill the "pond" back up,am i thinking realisticly at all here? it came to my when i was bored one night so im open for any advice, opinions, comments, thanks everyone!

You sound pretty creative, designing a new viv for your snake is the best part....So just let your creativity run wild and have fun! But like Alicia said, make sure it's easy to clean on a weekly basis. I found "easy to clean" and "easy to clean once a week" to be very different in the long run ;)

As for the pond, if you search through past DIY threads, you'll see some really cool ideas. Ziploc containers work great because they are cheap and, again, easy to remove and clean. Glass and ceramic bowls work great too. You can thrift store a glass bowel for super cheap and make a 'bridge' (I used an apple branch and cut notches that fit over the bowl) that the snake can also reach the water from above and below.

Whatever you do....Have fun and post pictures :)

thats brilliant how did i not think of that! lol thank you

When I have an idea that I'm looking for parts to or how to solve a particular problem, I go to my local hardware store (not a big-box store, a *real* hardware store) and browse the aisles. I can usually get some really good ideas that way.

I have used this idea at the grocery store, could go to pet stores or camera shops, whatever catches your eye. You never know what you're going to discover that gives that, "ah HA!" moment!

Back