• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new cage stress?

rebel13

i moved my adult corn from a 28quart sterilite to a 65-gal reptarium last night, and he just went into his hide and hasn't moved since... i have two shoebox hides, a branch, and a water dish... would he be stressed from the move, and if so, what can I do to reduce the stress?

(There was no particular reason for the move, besides the fact that I had a larger cage and thought he might appriciate the room)

Its nothing to worry about

hi, :)

you said in your post you have just moved him/her to a bigger viv and he/her has been in there hide ever since?

well lets not forget that corns and most snakes don't like to be out in very big spaces I can't spell the word for it it goes something like "agrophobic" anyhow while bigger enclosures are indeed and genius idea you also need to provide more cover and hides and branches and sneaky tunnels where your snake can hide and watch you rather than you watching your snake

I to moved my two corns and my boa (seprate vivs don't worry people) from and 1.1/2 ft to a 3ft viv my male baby corn just dissapeared lol I know where he is hes hiding like yours in his hide but I added more hides and logs (keep logs away from heat bulbs) as soon as I did that I left him and a little later he was hanging from a branch

:)

just add a little more cover and a few hides and your snake should be ok
relax

Most importantly, give the snake several days to get settled in before disturbing him.

Food for thought: Remember that the new enclosure is more "open" than a Sterilite tub. The snake can now see movement on all sides. It might be worthwhile to temporarily cover/obscure/block the sides until he gets used to the new surroundings.

Back