• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New corn hiding all the time!

Had1nowwant1

I got my corn snake yesterday. It is around two months old. At the pet store the owner fed it 3 pinkies. The first hour it was exploring the cage. Then it went down into the aspen and i havnt seen it out of it since. A couple times i checked to make sure it was still there and still alive, and it was. It moved to a different spot in the aspen last night, but it wasnt much farther from where it had been. Is this normal? also with it having just ate it is probably just hiding and digesting. It has been under the aspen for probably 24 hours now.

Hi there.
It's good to hear you got another corn. From what I understand , you should leave the little fella alone for a couple of day so he can get use to his new surroundings and since he/she was feed, leave him alone for 2days to help from regurge. I's normal for it to hide in,burrow the aspen. mine likes too.
The 3 pinky ??? sounds like it could go for a fuzzy. I read if you feed more than two you should hop up to a bigger size. Just a thought.
All the ??? you ask can be anserwed here. just use the search section, and read old post in Behavior and Basic care. You on the right track. I seen your post here before.
Good luck to you and your corn :)

yea iv been on this site for a couple weeks now gathering information. Im not planning on holding my snake till Tuesday. I also knew about the 2 day rule after eating, but thanks anyway. I have 10 pinkies and i am going to feed 2 a week and then move on to one fuzzy a week. I have a 48 hour guarantee on the snake so i need to make sure its not dead under that aspen every once in awhile lol.

Welcome to the forums....

I have four 04 hatchlings and they all still hide ALL day long! It's no big deal and I am kinda used to it. They usually come out around 8-9 pm every night. It's like clock work! LOL

Good luck with the little one!

Hey Had,
yea, I know, when I got my home I just want to check it out every time too.
But after it crap on me for the third time I got the hint! I'm a little slow. lol
Try getting kathy love book too
Everyone here said it a must!!
Good luck :)

I got my corn about 4 days ago and he has been hiding from me all the time. I actually thought I had lost him, but he was hidden in a tube I put in his cage, lol. Whenever I handle him, all he wants to do is get the hell away from me! lol. I wonder when he will settle down and chill out?

hehee i know what u mean, i just bought a corn snake on sunday and its always hides during the day. When its night time he comes out so i get all excited and see what he does, once he sees me he slithers back into his cave and hides once more!

Back