• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Corn!! Morph I.D. pls...

Carter

Unknown Quantity - FML
Hello, this is my new corn "Lincoln". I took some pics tonight, the lighting wasn't that great, but I was hoping someone could help me figure out what morph he is. I believe he is some kind of amel, stripe, motley, but from looking at other pics I think he may be sunglow possibly?? He came from 2 normal parents and only one hatchling ended up being a normal, all the rest were all kinds of crazy morphs. Well, here's the pics. You can't really see the colors that great, but he is actually purply grey on the sides, back, and head. His spots are maroonish brown, and he has some orange in the middle of his back by his head. His underside is all a solid grayish white (Completely lighter than the rest of him). He is almost all iridescent in the sun, but mostly his head and sides. I'll be posting some better pics of all my corns as soon as I can. I'm so addicted....this is my fourth one in 2 weeks.......lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if someone has had a morph similar to mine, can you maybe show me what he would look like as an adult? Thanks guys, Carter. :laugh01:

Attachments

• Picture 152.jpg
    Picture 152.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 344
  • Picture 153.jpg
    Picture 153.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 344
  • Picture 154.jpg
    Picture 154.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 344
  • Picture 156.jpg
    Picture 156.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 345
  • Picture 157.jpg
    Picture 157.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 345
I believe that pattern is called sun-spot, which is a rare variation of stripe or motley and stripe together I'm not sure. Corns that are grey with red / red-orange tones are maimi's or normals. That's a tough one. Hope someone else might help more.

Even with 0 black on him, he'd be a normal? Or maybe hypo? I'm really not sure what he is...but thanks.

The stripe and motley gene (allele?) usually eliminates the black pigmentation. I'm not fluent with genetics yet lol. But in my morph guide that pattern is described as sun-spot a variation of stripe. People might tell you breeding trials are the only way to find out his genetics. He is a beautiful snake regardless.

He does look really similar to the pictures of adult sun spots that I've seen. It's just really weird that I have never seen a corn like him, and I can't find any pictures of morphs like him on the net. He is sooo beautiful, I'm going to get some better pics of him posted as soon as I can so you guys can see the different hues and colors in him. Thanks for the help, and if someone knows what he is for sure, or has pics of an adult of the same morph, please let me know. Thanks. :)

I'd call him a normal motley. The 'normal' part I'm sure about, the motley part I'm not entirely confident on, you'll need to do some breeding trials when he grows up to be sure. It initially appears to be stripe, but looking at the first third or so of his body, you can see where it shows a very close resemblance to the pinstripe variation of motley. There is a break in the stripe pattern, both ends of the 'center stripe' are rounded, and the darker stripes are varying in width (I hope that made sense...if not, let me know and I'll try to clarify). There is no way visually tell if a motley is het for stripe. You can have nearly perfectly striped snakes that are genetically motley (and only motley).

Do you happen to know what any of his siblings were?

Last edited:
He's a stripe, which has formed spots, like someone said its not so common. Some call it sunspot, its similar to 'cubed' corns which are also stripes.

He could be either a normal or a hypo. He looks light to me, of course a bit of lightening is caused by the stripe, but it still looks a bit light. Could just have been a light-coloured line of corns though, so who knows. You'd have to breed him to be sure.

Thanks guys. I'll be breeding him with a motley snow, as well as a striped anery (A). Hopefully I'll have some good hatchlings.

Here's a pic of him eating...you can see the coloration a little bit better.

Attachments

• Picture 746.jpg
    Picture 746.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Picture 747.jpg
    Picture 747.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 91
Very cool snake!! I love that almost all of his red is in his spots. Also love the name 'Lincoln' for a snake for some reason. Cute, cute, cute!

wow what a looker! I never heard of sunspot before, and seeing your little one's pattern is just way cool. Much luck to you if you can get some offspring with that pattern. I'm sure everyone will want them!

That's an impressive sunspot. I have a thing for stripe/cubes and now your snake has me thinking about expanding my horizons. Really clean examples like yours are rare. Enjoy it.

I would say it is a sunkissed stripe. Or is the sunspot a sunkissed stripe?

No, sunspot is a variety of stripe and has nothing to do with sunkissed. Sunkissed and stripe are completely different genes.

This little cutie is a homozygous stripe, whose markings happen to form those nifty ovals, thus taking the name "sunspot." Any offspring of this animal and another homo stripe will be homo stripe, though they may have various looks. Offspring of this one and a homo motley will be het motley/het stripe, and be phenotypically motley - again with various looks possible.

Back