• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New corn owner

rockinmindless

Hi, just bought my first cornsnake a few weeks ago. It is a small albino striped corn. Was browsing for some info about corns moods (as mine had been acting strange) and came accross this site. Seems like there is a bunch of good people here with helpful info so I decided to join. Love the pics section.

rockinmindless said:
Love the pics section.

Hopefully you'll be soon adding some of your own :santa:

As for the behavior.. what kind of "wierd" things has it been exhibiting??

Welcome :wavey:

GiantBlueberry said:
Hopefully you'll be soon adding some of your own :santa:

As for the behavior.. what kind of "wierd" things has it been exhibiting??

Welcome :wavey:

Well when I first got the snake at the store he was repeatedly biting the guy that worked there. Which was kind of alarming, but from the little I already knew about snakes I figured it wasn't a big deal. Well I brought him home and haven't really had a problem at all with him being like that, he has been really mild mannered. Now the last couple days he strikes at me and shakes his tail every time I go to pick him up, and tries really hard to get away once I have him.

There are two things that I thought might have something to do with this. The first being a change in his surroundings: I keep him in a 10 gallon aquarium, and all he has wanted to do since I put things in there to climb on is hang out on a lip at the top of the tank between the lip and the lid. I didn't like this because of the fact that he fell every time I took the lid off, and I was worried a smashing him. So I put some sticky backed foam there to keep him from going there. He also had a small abrasion on his tail that I have been putting reptile-healing aid on. Which seems to irritate him when I do this. So I was just trying to see what other people thought about the sudden change of attitude.

Sorry the post is a little lengthy and probably hard to read. I'm no writer.
Also I will post pics of him when I figure out how to get my digital camera to take a decent close up picture (also not much of a photagrapher :laugh:

If he's a little fella, he's mostly just trying to scare anyone out of handling him cuz he's scared. Keep up with frequent handling sessions, except for the 48 hours immediately after a feeding, and your snake will likely outgrow this behavior. They tend to be particularly snippy when they're especially hungry too. No serious worries at this point. If he does tag you, it won't exactly hurt...it's more of a surprise than anything,

I seen they are a little "moody" when in blue. Which I think was the case, he shed yesterday and has acted much better since then.

Back