• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Corn Snake fanatic.

BlkBullet23

New Corn Fanatic
Hello everyone, I'm Tim, just turned twenty and living in a big apartment with mother and brothers. :bounce:

I'm fairly new to the whole Corn Snake scene, but I've read buss loads of info on them. From Colors to Breeding and even the whole mating process :bang: .lol
Ever since an add in our local newspaper came in saying ball pythons for sale, I had started thinking about what it would be like to own a snake. So I went online and looked up some basic info on ball pythons. After reading through some care sheets and browsing through some pictures, I noticed that they were alittle too big for me and required lots of care. There happend to be a picture of a corn snake at full maturity and I said to myself, "Damn, thats a badassssss sssssnake" :cheers: .
Dont get me wrong, the ball pythons were very cool too, but I wanted something a little more slim and easier to keep. And WHAM, right before my eyes another picture of the corn snake poped up. Three very gorgeous babys, a Bloodred, Blizzerd, and a striped Amel. I was like "whooa, they come in different colors and patterns". :grabbit:
And ever since then, I've been saving money for my first tank and supplys. But theres only one problem :shrugs: .
My Mom :sidestep: . she hates snakes and reptiles.
One time we went to check out some turtles and lizerds, and out of nowhere my mom starts screaming and pointing at the snakes. I was like Damn mom calm down. lol every where we turned she would yelp and she even scared one of the employees. Lol that was funny.
I had asked her if I could get a corn snake and she said "NOooo, not while your under my roof". So that leaves me with no way to get a corn snake here at home. :cry:
But I will still be able to get the tank and supplys for when I do move out or better yet, when I win her over. :grin01: Muahahahaa

Well, until then my friends, they'll have to wait for me. :santa:

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!!! I will be the first to say...hold back on the language. Its not too bad just kind of disturbing when reading a post.

Good luck with getting a snake!

My boyfriend's scared of them too. I just came home with one while he was at work(He told me to get a pet and I didn't know he was scared of them). He got home and came unglued at first, but then sat down and talked to me about it. He was worried about them getting out of their cage and killing our kids(a little paranoid), until I explained to him that they don't have venom nor fangs. They're one of the "safer" kinds of snakes. He calmed down after that..He also said the fact that it was a very small snake helped a lot too.

Hehee

Really! lol. I had never seen a snake up close and moving around alot before. When I went to our local pet store to check out snakes, It was preety eerie the way they slithered. Very cool if I might add, but scary :D. lol

Sad though, that they had a dieing ball python. He was skinny to the point where you could almost see its ribs.:cry:

Lol, I hear you man I got started in corn snakes and eventually got into boa and pythons. I think thats as far as it will go as the other types of pythons are just too big to take care of as of yet.

Your Red Tail

sargeoif said:
Lol, I hear you man I got started in corn snakes and eventually got into boa and pythons. I think thats as far as it will go as the other types of pythons are just too big to take care of as of yet.
:) True true. I still might get myself a ball python after a few years of handleing corns. But I got to start somewhere.:)
:bounce:

I've noticed you got a red tail boa, so how big has it grown?

Back