• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new corn snake owners need help please

help dont know much iwe have a snow corn and amelanistic corn babbys dont know much about them like to know more how long and can you bread them thanks william & auston :shrugs:

Welcome to the Forums! Well I suggest you buy a few books and look up care sheets on the internet. A good book is Cornsnakes The Comprehensive Owners Guide by Bill and Kathy Love. Make sure they are in separate cages, for numerous reasons. They need to be properly sexed and 3 years old for breeding. A good rule to go by is 3 years and 300 grams.

Read up on them.

thanks but that dont help

Dave123 said:
Welcome to the Forums! Well I suggest you buy a few books and look up care sheets on the internet. A good book is Cornsnakes The Comprehensive Owners Guide by Bill and Kathy Love. Make sure they are in separate cages, for numerous reasons. They need to be properly sexed and 3 years old for breeding. A good rule to go by is 3 years and 300 grams.

Read up on them.
we have looked at a lot of care sheets and still have nothing that tells how long a corn snake gets :shrugs:

thank you i have a 2 1/2' and a 2 2/3' snowcorn and amelanistic corn i think it is a male and female i dont know but it is a breading pair i wose told

thank you

mbdorfer said:
The record length is 6'. A 4-5' corn would be considered large.
thank you i have a 2 1/2' and a 2 2/3' snowcorn and amelanistic corn i think it is a male and female i dont know but it is a breading pair i wose told

The general rule is 3' long 300 grams for a female to safely breed. But a lot of folks have bred smaller corns. You should be able to make a fair assumption of sex by looking at the tail shape. A female's tail will taper almost immediately past the vent, the male will still be a bit thicker before tapering starts. This is not 100% accurate but after a little practice you can usually make a fair assumption.

thank you its my first time every owning a snake and don't know much i have pet mice and rats so my food bill wont be much lol thanks auston

sorry to email you but i need help i would like to get more corn snakes i have 1 desert king and 6 sand boas and a zig zag corn i think dont know my snakes yet. auston

Back