• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New corn snake!

Homicidal Nymph

My boyfriend (scott) received his, and my, first corn snake today in the mail from SMR. He's an absolutely gorgeous, tiny, bloodred hatchling. He was fed before shipped and still has the lump from his meal. He spent all day burried under the substrate near the heat pad digesting. We were actually a bit worried because he burried under the paper towels that we put there to keep him from getting burned, but he stayed away from the glass right above the heat pad and was about 3 or 4 inches away so he was fine.

My question is, how long should we stay away from him before we can handle him? I'm leaving next Thursday to move 800 miles away and both of us would prefer if we could handle him before that. Should a week be enough?

Welcome

Still give him a chance to settle in, usually hands off for two day after feed and four to six for settle in. So Saturday is good but limit your time at first to five to ten mins and increase from there.
They will be a little jumpy when you first pick them up but it should calm down. But they little one will always be trying to crawl away.

Good Luck

Back