• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Corn Wants Out!

Maria_12

Maria N.
I handled my corn for the first time today, he struck at me a couple of times as I picked him up and rattled his tail if I made any sudden movements while holding him, but overall, it was a really positive and humbling experience.

Since the sun has gone down, he has spent all but a few 5 minute breaks here and there, desperately looking for a way out of his viv. I have checked time and time again for any potential escape routes and haven't found any, but I am still paranoid that he'll get out somehow... Do you think his taste of freedom earlier today has spurred him on to be more active in seeking escape?

I know Corns are eager to escape thier vivs normally, but this is the most active he has ever been when I am around and the lights aren't off! It is great to see him being active, but if he's out of sight I begin to panic and have to check he is still there (newbie-worry syndrome I guess!).

Don't worry! I posted pretty much the same thing after a couple of days of having Travis, How glad I was to see him out but a little worried that he really wants out!

I was reassured that this is what they do when they feel at home, they go around and around their viv searching for a way out, going over, under and around everything, if they don't succeed they start again!

Think of it as a sign that he is settled in! :)

WOOHOO!!

Well, if that is the case, then I think he is well and truly settled in! His noisey explorations (and my constant worrying) stopped me from sleeping :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reassurance :)

Back