• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new corn

watthe

I just got a baby corn last week and this is the first snake ive ever had. When i bought it the petshop guy gav me the smallest pinkies they had ive been tryn to feed it but it hasnt ate at all so can sum1 help me out.

Did you leave your snake alone without any handling or anything for a few days? If not, it may be too stressed out and doesn't want to eat. How big is your snake? It's possible that the petstore sold you a baby that hasn't fed very much and may not be a confirmed eater yet. Go on the search section and type in feeding suggestions. There are a lot of references. You can try cutting a slit in the pinkies head, and smearing a little brain matter on it to help entice your snake. I would also place it in a small container that it can hide in with just the pinky. Perhaps the container it came home in can be placed in the viv with the snake and the pinky in it. Make sure you don't feed on any substrate so that the snake doesn't ingest it. Sometimes you can try a paper bag. Put the snake and a pinky inside and close the bag. Put it back in the viv overnight and then open in the morning. A lot of shy eaters will eat in that. Scenting pinkies with anoles works on some as well. I would suggest you get The Cornsnake Manual by Kathy Love as soon as you can. It's a great resource for answers of all kinds.

I didnt leave the snake alone for a few days only for a few hours cuz the petstore guy told me thats all i had to wait so thats probally why its not eating so shuld i leave it alone for a few days now and then try to feed it again. The snake is only about a ft long so is that to small to be a confirmed eater or watevr

It sounds like a new hatchling so it could be all of the above. Stressed and too young to have fed more than a few times. I would leave it alone for a few days, and then try to feed it in a small container in it's viv. Make sure after it eats that you leave it alone for 2-3 days so that it can digest. Do you have a warm and cool side in your viv with hides in both sides? Warm side should be about 82-86, cool side in the 70's. Warm can be accomplished with an under tank heater.

Ya i hav all of that thanks for helpn me out n im gunna do wat u said n wen i do try 2 feed it again shuld i get fresh pinkies cuz the 1 i hav is a week old but i kept it in the freezer so i think it shuld b ok but i dont no that much yet

Get the Cornsnake Manual as soon as you can and read it thru. It has most of the info you need in there. The pinky should be fine. Just thaw it in hot water, slit the head and get a little brain matter on it. See if that does the trick. If it won't take it overnight, I would discard it and try again with a fresh one.

You can order it direct from Kathy Love's site. There's a link to Corntopia on this forum, or you can get it from Amazon.com I got mine from my local petstore.

Back