• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Corns! (Need Help on colors!!)

Egan

DSCF3717.jpg

Their Home!!

sdf.jpg

Little Egan enjoying a meal.

DSCF3715.jpg

Zuri!

DSCF3708.jpg

Egan, he doesn't like pictures at all..

DSCF3712.jpg

Zuri, now she likes pictures..hahaha..

Let us know what you think!!

Jordan and Casey

snow(amel and anery mix) is the white one and the pink one is an amel (albino)
to make snows you need an amel (no black) and an anery (no reds) and all thats left over is yellows and whites

Beautiful Snow (white and pink) and Amel (red and white) babies you got there. Nice set up too. :)

Lovely snakes. You might want to research co-habitating to decide if you are willing to take the risk in keeping them togeather. But they are adorable and yep...Snow and Amel for sure.

Cute snakes!! Congratulations on the pickups!!!!!

It would be a good idea to get probe thermometers for more accurate temp readings for your babies (I can see that your snakies are burrowing and could come into contact with much hotter temps than your stick on thermometers are showing you.) and you may want to add a few extra hides (especially because you've chosen to cohab) and like Whippet said, maybe read up on cohabbing so that you're aware of all the risks. Just my two cents...

Anyway, I see you just joined so welcome to the site!!

Last edited:
Nice snakes!!
Zuri looks like it could be more than a snow. Not sure what kind (some other member is sure to come along and know) it is, but its not just a normal snow for sure. I have seen that patern before in pics but I just can't remember the type.
Egan looks to be just a normal amel.
Are you cohabing them?

Cute snakes! I hope they do fine co-habitating! Also, you should feed them in a tub outside their enclosure. If they eat on their substrate they could injest it, and thats no good! So feed them on like paper towels or something next time. :)

I love them! Congrats!

you should feed them in a tub outside their enclosure. If they eat on their substrate they could injest it, and thats no good! So feed them on like paper towels or something next time. :)

Yeah, you can do that, and I would for very small ones. But your size doesn't need this done. I always feed mine inside their normal cages, though I don't have anything AGANST doing it.

Yeah, you can do that, and I would for very small ones. But your size doesn't need this done. I always feed mine inside their normal cages, though I don't have anything AGANST doing it.

I would disagree on that.... even larger snakes can suffer from impaction. The original poster should be reading Kathy Love's book if they haven't already. It's got just about everything you need in it.

Nice snakes!!
Zuri looks like it could be more than a snow. Not sure what kind (some other member is sure to come along and know) it is, but its not just a normal snow for sure. I have seen that patern before in pics but I just can't remember the type.

The snow looks like a normal snow to me. Unless the belly is pure white (not even the faintest belly checks). The markings, I believe, you are referring to on the neck are very normal. They look motley-esque, but they are rather normal. Quite a few of my corns have a couple circles behind the head.

I would disagree on that.... even larger snakes can suffer from impaction. The original poster should be reading Kathy Love's book if they haven't already.

For your information, I have read BOTH cathy love books on cornsnakes (I know the 2nd one is a revised version of the 1st, though the 2nd has a lot of new info). If you asked a bunch of members on here half would say they feed in cage and the other half would say they feed in tubs. It is an ok prosedure, but I just don't do it. If you feed them a specific way, (though this is not needed and I can explain if you want me to) as I do, There isn't a way they could injest the bedding.

QUOTE=RobbiesCornField;742865]The snow looks like a normal snow to me. Unless the belly is pure white (not even the faintest belly checks). The markings, I believe, you are referring to on the neck are very normal. They look motley-esque, but they are rather normal. Quite a few of my corns have a couple circles behind the head.[/QUOTE]
I was refering to the saddles

Most of the people who feed in cage (myself included) don't use loose substrate but rather paper towels or newspaper. So, that argument (half the members would say they feed in cage) is out the window when the concern is over impaction resulting from loose substrate.

Last edited:
For your information, I have read BOTH cathy love books on cornsnakes (I know the 2nd one is a revised version of the 1st, though the 2nd has a lot of new info). If you asked a bunch of members on here half would say they feed in cage and the other half would say they feed in tubs. It is an ok prosedure, but I just don't do it. If you feed them a specific way, (though this is not needed and I can explain if you want me to) as I do, There isn't a way they could injest the bedding.

There are members on here who HAVE had snakes ingest bedding, so please don't say that they can't ingest it.

I've had snakes for over eight years, I do know a little about them, although I listen to the old-timers carefully, but as a 15 yr old, I'm sure you know everything there is to know about feeding snakes, so I'll bow before your obviously more advanced knowledege.

There are members on here who HAVE had snakes ingest bedding, so please don't say that they can't ingest it.
I never said they couldn't injest it. and when I said in tubs I was meaning that to say in a seperate tub with paper towels or nothing at all in them.
and I've had snakes since I was 5 so there you go.

I never said they couldn't injest it. and when I said in tubs I was meaning that to say in a seperate tub with paper towels or nothing at all in them.
and I've had snakes since I was 5 so there you go.

Ummmm excuse me but according to you're reptile geek profile, you got your first snake in 03 so that would make you 10 when you got your first snake, no?

There's no need to be so defensive. Nobody is saying (from what I got from previous posts anyway) that you're completely wrong to think that you can feed snakes in their enclosure... They're just saying that maybe you should be a little more careful in the information you give to people who are new to snakes.

And Weebonnilasse's comment about Kathy Love's book said that the ORIGINAL POSTER should read it.

Last edited:
Back