• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Eggs

rolph1414

Love those snakes!!!!
My corn laid 16 eggs..a little over a week ago. Other than putting them in the incubator between 82-84 degrees.

SHOULD I BE ROTATING THE EGGS OR ANYTHING ELSE??

THANKS

Check them periodically to make sure the moisture level is staying between 80-90% and that there isn't any mold growing on them or infestations of maggots/etc.

DO NOT turn them over...you'll drown your babies.

I'm sure someone with more experience than I've got can give you any other tips you need. :)

I'm using a thermometer that's got a built in hygrometer. You can pick them up at WalMart for less than $25...they're digital, and mine runs on a couple of AAA batteries. You can pick up an analog one at PetSmart for a couple of bucks. They're less accurate, but they do seem to measure ranges effectively. I'm keeping my clutch (I only have one) in damp sphagnum moss. I wetted it then wrung it out so that it was moist, not wet. I have holes for airflow in the container they're in, but not so many that I lost much moisture. I've only had to add water once, but I'm not using a commercial incubator.

Back