• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New from Maryland

Claire1990

Hi everyone! My name is Claire and i am a new corn snake owner. I had a wounderful bearded dragon for 12 years who just passed away a little over 3 months ago. So i finally thought it was time for another reptile. I did lots of research before i purchased. I am now the very happy mother of a baby corn snake named Hannibal. Not sure what the sex is so i guessed it was a boy. I belive he is a classic but not too sure, have pictures if someone could tell me? He is acting a bit shy, is that normal. I've only had him for a few days so i guess he is still getting used to me and his new home. Really excited to talk to people who love reptiles as much as i do. Hope too get to know some people soon!

Picture035.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Hi Claire....
I'm rubbish at corn ID so don't listen to me.... But just to start off a debate... LOL
It looks classic BUT from the pics the sides remind me of Miami as well .....
BTW watch out for the one they call Wade.....

The banding is a bit thick, too. Maybe Okeetee??

We are from Maryland too, SE Baltimore area. Where are you located??

It's some variant of classic. Okeetees are classics bred for distinct markings with thick borders, right? And Miamis are classics bred for a silvery ground color, right? Anyway, Hannibal is very cute and has lots of yellow compared to my 09 named Attitude. Welcome to your new addiction. Cornsnakes are like potato chips or tattoos, nobody can have just one!

What a cutie. I am Hypancistrus's GF so in SE Baltimore too. I think your little one is an adorble classic! Corns are pretty shy really, hiding most of the time. They are great to handle though! Have fun with your little one. He will seem like a breeze to care for after having a beardie!

That's a very pretty little snake! It's good to hear that you did research and have a pretty good idea of what to expect. If you have further questions about corn snakes, don't hesitate to post them. There are a lot of very experienced corn owners here. I am sure that having a corn snake will seem like a breeze compared to a beardie.... and you may find yourself wanting more corns.... with so many gorgeous morphs to pick from. Welcome to the forum! ;)

Hi there, welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of corns :D be careful they are addicting! You have a beautiful little classic there. let us know if you have any questions we are here to help :D

Hi there, welcome welcome. Hope you enjoy it here. They are addicting for sure. Hannibal looks like my little guy! Very cute.

Welcome to the forum! I'm from Maryland too, Essex/Middle River. I just bought a house in Parkville last thursday off Old Harford Road. I have two corns, Onix and Jynx, and a milk named Trix. Your snake is beeyouteeful!

Back