• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Here!

Hu-Dat

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum but not so new to corn snakes. I have a one and a half year old female snow corn (Hu-Dat) who is being kept in a snake rack along with some other snakes. I joined so I could learn from other people's experiences.

I have one question- Around Christmas, I got a ball python and ever since about that time my corn snake has been impossible to handle. When I take her out she is so incredibly wiggly that you can't hold her. I hear her banging on the rack tub every now and then. Before I handle any of my reptiles I'm religious about washing my hands. She is a good eater, and always has been. I don't know weather she's just needing a boyfriend or whether I'm doing something wrong.

Please let me know and I'm excited about learning more about corn snakes.

Hu-Dat

First of all, welcome!

Secondly, hmmm... That's some odd behavior, although I highly doubt it's related to the ball python. When you take her out, try doing the Cornsnake Treadmill for a few minutes. It should calm her down a bit, and get rid of some of that excess energy. If you do a search on here for a video of it, I know there's a good one posted. The goal of the treadmill is to tire your snake enough to hold still, and look (more or less) like this:

046-Copy.jpg

It's just lots and lots and lots of figure eights. Gently guide the snake through your fingers. It's quite simple, once you get the hang of it, and it feels pretty nifty, too! Haha

I do snake stairs with mine, just let him climb through my fingers then between my hands, that calms the little boy down. My older girl is pretty quick to relax in my hands, but that excess energy from the baby is pretty intimidating at first! Welcome to the forum!

Back